Cheese 🧀 Fondue. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Great Prices on Cheese Fondue & More Groceries. Try Drive-Up, Pick-Up, ReStock, or Same Day Delivery w/ Shipt.
The combination of acidic wine with the rich, buttery cheeses is a wonder to behold. Melting the cheese gradually encourages a smooth fondue. Once smooth, stir in cherry brandy, mustard and nutmeg. You can cook Cheese 🧀 Fondue using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheese 🧀 Fondue
- You need 8 oz of Grated Emmentaler Cheese.
- It’s 8 oz of Grated Gruyere Cheese.
- It’s 4 oz of Grated Gouda.
- It’s 1 cup of Dry White Wine (I used White Cooking Wine show in picture).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Kirschwasser (Optional, need to buy at the liquor store).
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need 2 Tbsp of All-purpose Flour.
- You need of What to Dip? 🤔.
- It’s of Blanched veggies of your choice (ex Carrots, root veggies).
- It’s of Crusty bread, cut to bite size cubes (ex French Bread).
- It’s of Precooked meat of your choice, cut into cubes. (ex Grilled pork).
Arrange an assortment of bite-sized dipping foods on a lazy Susan around fondue pot. The Swiss continue to promote the dish and its national importance. Fondue is a fun and informal way to gather friends and family together. Everyone will want to dip into this classic cheese fondue.
Cheese 🧀 Fondue instructions
- Over medium-low heat, simmer 1 cup of white wine.
- Add 1/2 of each cheese, stir until melted, repeat with the rest of the cheese.
- Add Lemon juice, stir to mix well.
- Add optional Kirsch, stir to mix well, simmer for a few moments.
- Add 3 shakes (1 tsp) of Nutmeg, mix to blend well.
- Sprinkle in 1 Tbsp of flour, mix well, let simmer a few moments and mixture will thicken up. Add additional 1 Tbsp of flour if mixture us not thick enough. Takes 2-3 minutes..
- Ready to serve! Keep mixture heated so dipping items easily scoop up cheese, it will be very stringy..
We use cubed French bread and pickled vegetables for dipping. Tips to Ensure a Perfect Cheese Fondue: Use the right cheese: Avoid cheeses that are stringy when melted, like cheddar or Mozzarella. Use a good Gruyere for a classic fondue, or Monterey Jack. This would be especially delicious with a cheddar cheese fondue. How to Keep Cheese Fondue Smooth.