Barley Soup with Croutons. Drain and rinse the barley under cold water, then add to the soup and warm through. Toast the bread and top it with cheese under the grill until it's melted. Serve in large bowls with cheesy croutons on top.
Adjust with some chicken stock or water if you feel like a runnier soup. Add the cooked barley and allow to heat through. Once heated, add the cream & soy sauce and stir. You can cook Barley Soup with Croutons using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Barley Soup with Croutons
- Prepare 2 cups of barley.
- Prepare 1 cup of split peas.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of red lentils.
- You need 30 ml of canola.
- You need 1 kg of Beef bones.
- Prepare 2 of beef stock cubes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of BBQ.
- It’s 2 tsp of chicken.
- It’s 1 tsp of rajah mild.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of grated carrot.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 3 of spring onions finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbs of Brown onion soup.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Minestrone.
- Prepare 1 tbs of thick vegetables soup.
Drain and rinse under cold water, then add to the soup and warm through. If you can't find barley, use rice, pasta or potatoes. I like to serve it with homemade croutons topped with some melted Parmesan or jack cheese. Wash the barley, heat in a pot of cold water to the boil for a few minutes, then drain and let cool.
Barley Soup with Croutons step by step
- Rinse your beef bones and pour them in a pot and cook until the meat is almost falling of the bones also crumble the beef stock.
- In the bowl pour barley, red lentils and split peas and rinse them thoroughly then pour them in a pot to cook it until it's tender, soft and smelt in your mouth. While cooking crumble the beef stock.
- In a separate pot pour your 30 ml of canola oil to fry spring onion, carrots and onion. Stir it and add spices then once it's all cooked put aside until the bones, are well cooked then I transfer the meaty bones to the mixture of carrots and let it cook..
- Check the barley soup mixture and once it's cooked and tender the also add into the meat bones mixture, all together let it cook and then in a small bowl pour minestrone, brown onion and thick vegetables with water then pour it in the soup to thickens it..
- Then low the heat and my barley soup will be served with homemade croutons..
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, and sauté the vegetables until lightly browned. Add the barley and chicken stock and simmer uncovered for an hour or two. The longer the better in my view to give the flavours a chance to full blend. Brown sausage in Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan. Drain any excess fat from sausage.