Vegetarian wonton soup. Remove the stems from the mushrooms, lightly smash them with the back of your knife, tear into pieces, and set aside to use to make the soup. Tear or cut the caps into big pieces and transfer them. Pour broth and water into a large pot over medium-high heat.
The wonton soup gets its full-bodied flavor from the vegetable stock. But if you don't have vegetable stock you can always spice up the soup base with quick ingredients. Vegetarian wonton soup with tofu, broccoli and wood ear mushrooms as filling. You can have Vegetarian wonton soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian wonton soup
- It’s of round wonton wraps.
- It’s of vegetarian morningstar ground beef.
- Prepare of small diced jicama.
- You need of finely chopped carrots (pulse in chopper).
- It’s of small diced celery.
- It’s of cilantro stem finely chopped.
- It’s of diced cabbage.
- You need of ground pepper.
- Prepare of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- You need of soy sauce.
- Prepare of large carrot cut like flower.
- You need of nappa cabbage leaves cut bite size pieces.
- Prepare of mushrooms sliced.
- It’s of veg. soup bullion or 1 tsp mushroom msg.
It becomes very warm in my city and everything spring is so nice and inspirational. This vegetarian wonton soup (also vegan friendly) is a great idea for breakfast. Vegan wonton soup is the perfect comfort food to enjoy while you're sick! This recipe is sponsored by Lightlife 🙂 Wonton soup was never something I absolutely LOVED when I was a meat-eater, but anytime I see it at vegetarian Chinese restaurants, I can't help but order it.
Vegetarian wonton soup step by step
- Add ground beef, jicama, celery, cabbage, finely chopped carrots, ground pepper, oyster sauce in frying pan on medium heat. Mix well, add seasoning per your taste. Lastly add chopped cilantro stem. The finer the ingredients, the easier to wrap in wonton wrappers..
- Fill a small bowl or dipping cup with water. Put wonton wrapper in left hand, use right index finger to dip in water and wet around the edge. Scoop 1 tbs of ground beef mix into the center of wonton and fold in half sealing it tight. Set aside and repeat this step until all wonton used. Below I put it in a container separated by saran wrap to put in the freezer..
- Various ways to make wontons.
- Another way…
- To make the soup… in a medium pot, boil water, add soup bullion or mushroom msg, flower carrots, nappa cabbage for 10 minutes..
- While you are boiling soup, boil another small pot of water. Add either fresh or frozen wonton dumplings and boil for 7 minutes. Remove dumpling into bowl and pour soup on top, seasoned with cilantro leaves and ground pepper if needed..
In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the canola oil, adding the finely chopped mushrooms and garlic powder once hot. Wonton soup Boil together vegetable stock and grated ginger. Add mushroom granules (or salt) to suit your taste. Add wontons to the soup, and cook until wonton floats, indicating that they are fully cooked. Vegetarian Wonton Soup is delicious Street food from Hong Kong cuisine.