Indian Chicken Curry #mycookbook. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Check Out Indian Chicken Curry On eBay. Great Prices On Indian Chicken Curry. Add chopped onions and fry till golden brown in colour.
Recipe spinner Chicken phall This Chicken Curry Recipe is a fiery curry with coconut base from the Malvani cuisine of Maharashtra. Thick, curd based chicken curry with a melange. Return the chicken breast to the skillet along with any juices on the plate. You can have Indian Chicken Curry #mycookbook using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian Chicken Curry #mycookbook
- You need 900 g of chicken.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion.
- It’s 1 of small tomato.
- You need 1 of medium potato.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fresh/dry grated coconut.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cilantro leaves.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 3-4 of cloves.
- It’s 1 of star spice.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- It’s of Salt as per taste.
- You need of Water to adjust the consistency as per your choice.
- Prepare of For marination.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of Powdered Spices.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Chicken curry and Indian chicken curry recipe. Easy Indian chicken curry recipe that anyone can make at home. Make a pot of chicken curry now.
Indian Chicken Curry #mycookbook step by step
- Chop the chicken into bite sized cubes.
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients mentioned under ‘marination’.
- Cover or wrap it with cling wrap and place it in the fridge.
- Peel and chop the potato into small cubes and soak it in water so that it doesn’t turn brown.
- Roughly chop a small tomato and blend it with the coconut to form a paste.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok and add in the cinnamon stick, star spice, bay leaf and the cloves..
- Add in the chopped onions and sauté well..
- Add in the tomato-coconut paste and bring it to a boil..
- Now add the powdered spices, a tablespoon of cilantro leaves and salt as per taste and mix well..
- Add in water to adjust the consistency as per your choice and Bring it to a boil..
- Add in the marinated chicken and chopped potatoes and mix well..
- Cook till the gravy thickens, potatoes become soft and the chicken becomes tender. Add more water if needed..
- Garnish with a tablespoon of cilantro leaves..
- Serve with hot steamed rice or bread..
- Enjoy 😉👍🏻.
Traditionally chicken curry was made without any thickening agents. To enhance the taste, one of the ingredients like coconut, yogurt, nut paste or poppy seeds paste were used. Back home in India, my mom would always use poppy seeds paste for the chicken curry. Since poppy seeds are in the country I live, I either use yogurt or cashew paste here. Jools' easy chicken curry With creamy coconut milk and natural yoghurt, Jools' easy chicken curry is perfect for kids, toddlers or those who don't like a lot of spice.