Wonton soup. FOR SOUP: Bring the chicken stock to a rolling boil. Garnish with chopped green onion, and serve. In a large saucepan or soup pot heat the oil over medium high heat until hot.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine pork, soy sauce and sesame oil. Sometimes called "skins," wonton wrappers are often available in the produce aisle of supermarkets. Look for them next to egg-roll wrappers and tofu. You can cook Wonton soup using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wonton soup
- It’s 64 of wonton wrappers,or more.
- You need 4 of chicken breasts,minced,or if use minced pork ,about 600 grams.
- It’s 1 of thumb size ginger,finely chopped.
- Prepare 30 of cooked shrimps,optional.
- You need 3 clove of garlic,finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 liter of chicken stock.
- You need 3 head of napa cabbage,chopped.
- You need 1 bunch of each cilantro and spring onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of crispy fried garlic.
- You need 1 of red chilli sliced and marinate in vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of chilli flake for seasoning in each bowl.
- You need 1 of roasted pork fillet,optional.
- Prepare 2 packages of soft tofu,optional.
Those found in Asian markets (either in the refrigerated section or in the freezer) may be more fragile t In a large bowl, mix pork, soy sauce, chives, vinegar, cornstarch, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and sesame oil until fully incorporated. Using your finger, wet the edges of wonton wrapper with. Wontons are served in a clear Chinese chicken broth. Sometimes with just wontons, sometimes with wontons and noodles, called "Combination Long and Short Soup" on Chinese restaurant menus. "Short" refers to the wontons and "Long" refers to the long noodles!
Wonton soup instructions
- Add chicken stock in soup pot ,on low heat ,chopped napa cabbage ,add in and let it simmer ,while making wonton,incase you dont have chicken stock in hand …no worries..use chicken wings or tights to make fresh stock ,add one more litre of water ,boil on medium heat until chicken cooked,seasoning with extra salt and pepper ,soy sauce ,sesame oil,oyster sauce ,lower heat to simmer ,after all done you can take the wings or tights pouring on your wonton soup bowl as well ☺,for optional tofu add bite size chopped tofu 3 mins before serving into soup pot.
- Mince chicken breast ,mix well with all ingredients,including half of spring onion.
- Start to wrap wonton,bring one piece add chicken filling in the middle ,use index finger dip in water , brush around ,fold up to make triangle shape.
- Again dip some water to each end of wonton ,twist to stick it together ,beware dont add too much filling ,it may tearing in this step.
- For optional ,add cooked shrimps to make shrimps wonton ,its sooo good.
- Boil water in another pot ,while wrap wonton until finish.
- To make the wonton soup bowl , add 6 pieces per serving into hot boil salted water ,wonton will float up to surface ,wait another 2 mins to make sure the filling is cooked , drain and add to serving bowl.
- Arrange roasted pork (optional )on top of wonton ,pour hot soup with some napa cabbage.
- Seasoning by marinate red pepper,chilli flake ,top with cilantro and spring onion ,serve hot 😄.
This chicken wonton soup recipe is so quick and easy to whip up. It has lots of healthy veggies and is semi-homemade using frozen wontons. First, you boil the ginger and garlic in the chicken broth for five minutes, which imparts wonderful flavor on the broth. Wonton soup can be mild in chicken stock, or hot and sour in a spicy Sichuan broth or even hotter with larger amount of chili oil. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, green onions, oyster sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, Sriracha and pepper.* To assemble the wontons, place wrappers on a work surface.