Whole Wheat Bread. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Flour a flat surface and knead with whole wheat flour until not real sticky – just pulling away from the counter, but still sticky to touch. Add the oil, sugar, molasses, salt and remaining water.
Mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until incorporated. Directions In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. The lack of volume is because development of gluten is harder with whole wheat flour as it consists of bran and germ. You can cook Whole Wheat Bread using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Bread
- It’s 3.5 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of white flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole rolled oats.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of golden flaxseed.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of whole milk powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dried instant yeast.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s of Warm water.
Bran and germ soak up water, and hence make the dough dryer. Whisk the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oatmeal, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and pour the milk mixture into the well. Stir until the dough has pulled together.
Whole Wheat Bread step by step
- Add warm water to the yeast and sugar. Mix well and let it react..
- In a dough kneader's bowl, add all the dry ingredients then mix them with the dough hook..
- Add the yeast, olive oil, the gradually add the warm water until the dough is well mixed and to the desired consistency..
- Place the dough in an oiled pan. Apply olive oil on top of the dough 's surface. Cover with cling wrap. Let it puff over 60 – 90 minutes..
- Place in oven for 35 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade..
- Let it cool on a wrack then cut to slices..
This whole wheat bread has a really good taste depending on your flour. I think King Arthur® is the best! This bread has cocoa and coffee in it. It can be made by hand, or use your bread machine's dough setting to knead and rise, then bake it in the oven. If you are not feeling bold you can leave out the cocoa and coffee and add some nuts.