Ultimate turkey Manhattan. Cook mashed potatoes and stuffing as directed. Place two slices of bread each plate. Top with turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, French fried onions and salt and pepper.
Makes for a nice small plate, or when you are only hungry enough for just a sandwich, but want warm homestyle food. My husband along with my sister and her husband went to the Amish Community in Sarasota, Fl to eat at "Yoders" run by the Amish. Most of them have returned to their homes, but some stay year around. You can cook Ultimate turkey Manhattan using 7 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ultimate turkey Manhattan
- It’s 4 slices of white bread lightly toasted.
- You need 4 slices of oven roasted deli turkey sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- Prepare 1 package of baby reds garlic parm instant mashed potatoes + ingredients on package.
- It’s 1 cup of French fried onions.
- It’s 1-6 oz of package stove top chicken stuffing + ingredients on package.
- It’s 1 can of turkey gravy or you can use a gravy packet.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
This consummate classic cocktail gets its particularly bold bite from Wild Turkey Rye. We like it served in a proper coupe glass with a Maraschino cherry tossed in for good measure. Open-Faced Hot Turkey Sandwich (aka Turkey Manhattan) In my mind, open-faced sandwiches piled high with warm roast beef or turkey and a mound of creamy mashed potatoes that are drowning in complimentary gravy conjur up the formica table tops and vinyl seats of diners past. A classic Manhattan cocktail is made with whiskey, sweet vermouth and bitters.
Ultimate turkey Manhattan instructions
- Cook mashed potatoes and stuffing as directed. Place two slices of bread each plate. Top with turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, French fried onions and salt and pepper. Serves well with a side of cranberry sauce..
This recipe is courtesy of Wild Turkey. They are open-faced sandwiches, similar to Kentucky's "Hot Brown." Sliced roast beef or sliced turkey are placed on a slice of bread, covered with mashed potatoes and gravy. Ultimate Turkey Rack Featured on the Rachael Ray Show. We highly recommend Rudy's Special (roasted turkey with melted cheese and roasted peppers). Corn bread to start, burrata was delicious and the smoked turkey sandwich was actually one of the best sandwiches I've had in a long time.