Jamaican Jerk Beef Chili. Beef and bean chili is one of my go-to meals when ground beef is on sale and this twist on it using Jamaican jerk seasoning flavours! This stew has the core chili components of beef, beans and tomatoes with the seasoning replaced with jerk flavors including scotch bonnet peppers, plenty of allspice, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg, garlic, ginger and citrus. In large soup pot over medium-high heat, cook the hamburger and onion, breaking up the hamburger.
Add beef, jerk seasoning, chili powder, and cayenne. Jamaican Jerk Beef and Bean Chili. closetcooking.com Andrea Lea. loading. This Jamaican Jerk chili is delicious, spicy, and very fun to make. You can cook Jamaican Jerk Beef Chili using 26 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jamaican Jerk Beef Chili
- You need 2 lb. of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion, minced.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, minced.
- It’s 4-5 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 T. of minced jalapeño, or to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ginger powder.
- You need 2 tsp. of thyme.
- You need 1 T. of allspice.
- You need 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg.
- You need 1 T. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of orange, juice & zest.
- Prepare 1 of lime, juice & zest.
- Prepare 2 T. of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 28 oz. of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 cans of kidney beans, rinsed & drained.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s of Optional Garnishes:.
- You need of Shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- You need of Green onions.
- Prepare of Coconut rice (Jasmine rice cooked in coconut milk, not water).
- It’s of Lime wedges.
- It’s of Fresh pineapple, diced.
It requires a single pot in which things are cooked, removed, and added again so the clean up is minimal. You will probably spend more time prepping the ingredients than anything else: it's best to get everything ready before turning on the heat. Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, cook the onion and garlic in olive oil until the onion is tender.
Jamaican Jerk Beef Chili step by step
- I like to mise en place my ingredients before I begin cooking; makes it easier, and less likely I'll forget something. Took me about 40 minutes to prep. I mince the onion, bell pepper and jalapeño (jarred) very small for better distribution in the chili. And because my sister and I don't care for the texture of tomatoes, I puree them with an immersion blender before adding..
- In large soup pot over medium-high heat, cook the hamburger and onion, breaking up the hamburger. When meat is no longer pink, stir in the bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeño. Let cook 5 minutes..
- Stir in remaining ingredients, mixing well. After 10 minutes, reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes..
- Serve hot with desired garnishes..
Add the yellow pepper, and cook until tender. Season with cumin, paprika, chile powder, sugar, salt, and cloves. Get a blast of Caribbean flavor with this Jamaican jerk marinade recipe made with fiery scotch bonnet peppers and a blend of piquant seasonings. When it comes to flavors of the Caribbean, Jamaica brings it. Jamaican cuisine is filled with so many wonderful and piquant spices that combine to make big and bold dishes.