Snickerdoodles. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Snickerdoodles are one of the most beloved cookie recipes ever created.
Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside. Roll into small balls until round and smooth. Drop into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat well. You can have Snickerdoodles using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- You need 1 Cup of shortening (half butter).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 package of instant pudding mix. Cheesecake flavor.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar and cinnamon (for dusting).
Using a spoon, coat for a second time, ensuring the cookie balls are completely covered. *To make flatter snickerdoodles, press down in the center of the ball before placing in. If desired, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. If followed correctly, the recipe results in flavorful, light, buttery, and fluffy snickerdoodles!
Snickerdoodles step by step
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Mix shortening, sugar, and eggs thoroughly. If you do half shortening it's harder to mix with the butter, but doesn't come out as rich. It also helps to soften in the microwave..
- Blend flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix. Then stir into egg mixture. Mix well but not overmuch. I use cheesecake flavored pudding but feel free to experiment..
- Shape dough balls, around 1" thick (can vary, but larger balls need to cook longer).
- Roll dough balls in sugar and cinnamon..
- Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and stir until combined. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats (always recommended for cookies). Make the topping: Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.