Original mexican rice.. This Mexican rice is cooked with onion powder, garlic powder, and tomato sauce for an easy side dish. Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, or fresh tomato to the rice before simmering for extra flavor and color, according to your family's taste. Use chicken stock in place of water for even more savory flavor.
Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water. Add the rest of the garlic and onion to rice. You can cook Original mexican rice. using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Original mexican rice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Corn oil or olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of Full of rice ( this recipe will not work with brown rice).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Water.
- You need 3 medium of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 small of onion.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Hand full silantro.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Or cube of knorr bouillon with chicken flavor..
Spanish or Mexican rice is made by browning white rice in fat, such as lard or cooking oil. Onions and garlic are added for flavor while the rice is browning. After the rice begins to turn opaque and golden brown, it is brought to a simmer in a combination of chicken broth and tomato flavoring, which can be tomato sauce, paste, salsa, or bullion. Pour boiling chicken broth and tomato sauce into rice mixture; add diced tomatoes, green peppers, and chopped bacon.
Original mexican rice. step by step
- Chop your tomatoes and onions in four chunk of pieces each. Add to a blender your choped tomatoes and onion, silantro, garlic, salt and water. blend in liquid mode, till makeing a tomato sauce..
- In a deep pan, add your oil. Let It warm up in a medium high heat. Add you rice, stir till its golden brown..
- Add your home made tomato sauce to your rice. As soon as you add you your home made tomato sauce, it should start boiling..
- When boiling add your knorr and stir softly, till it breaks down the big chunks. put a lid on the pan and turn it down to low, let it sit for 30minutes..
Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir black olives and corn into rice mixture before serving. The terms "Spanish rice" and "Mexican Rice" are often used interchangeably and include some combination of tomatoes, onion, chicken bouillon (consomé), and other spices. True "Spanish" rice (like paella) from Spain would include saffron, but we'll put aside the semantics for this delicious dish. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden.