Vickys Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, GF DF EF SF NF. I like to do a pulled pork a few times a year but especially around Christmas time. Turkey sandwiches can get a bit too much if there are lots of leftovers so pulled pork inbetween shakes things up a bit.
Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin is a sweet glazed ultra tender cut of pork that will leave your dinner guests ranting and raving over your skills in the kitchen. We're not huge pork fans but when we have it, we like it super tender cooked in the slow cooker, or we go for a cut that's already tender like. Slow cooker pulled pork is the easiest, most delicious and versatile thing you can cook. You can have Vickys Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 1350 grams of trimmed pork shoulder (around 3lbs).
- You need 160 ml of tomato ketchup.
- It’s 80 ml of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 120 grams of brown sugar (a packed half cup).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vickys Gluten-Free Worcestershire sauce, recipe link below.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
In this video I show you how to make the version with bbq sauce and. Cook on higher for just one hour more. This one's a true American classic! I love to make Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork when we have friends over as it's a great meal to share.
Vickys Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Mix the ketchup, sugar, vinegar and other flavourings, herbs & spices together. Adjust the seasoning to taste, you may want to add more sugar, garlic or cayenne, the flavour will be mellowed after cooking so bear this in mind https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338187-vickys-homemade-worcestershire-sauce-vegan.
- Put the pork shoulder in a slow cooker / crockpot or casserole dish and pour the sauce mixture over it.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. If using an oven put it on it's lowest setting for 8 – 10 hours.
- Take the pork out carefully as it will be tender and falling apart. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, shred the pork meat.
- Put the pulled pork back into the sauce and warm through before serving.
- This is enough to serve 8 – 10 pulled pork sandwiches, feel free to top with your favourite BBQ sauce. You could use my BBQ sauce ingredients in the same quantities as listed above and just bring them to a simmer in a small pan. The sauce in the slow cooker gets watered down with the pork juices but in the pan you'll end up with a thicker version.
You can be assured that this recipe has been through the taste test and I think it's pretty darn delicious! The BBQ smokehouse style of food originated in the American deep south around a century ago and it's had a real culinary resurgence in the last. Pulled BBQ Pork Cooked In A Slow Cooker This is more method than recipe but I've left recipe links below for my dry rubs and sauces. Ribs were a firm favourite when my sister & I were kids, who doesn't love food you can eat with your hands?!