Chunky Gameday Beef Chili. Steps In a large sauce pan, cook and stir beef, bell pepper, chopped onion, and the garlic over medium heat until meat is brown and onion is tender. Place all in the crock pot in the order listed. When done, mix again very well.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen Warm up chilly winter days with a hearty bowl of beef chili. Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper. You can have Chunky Gameday Beef Chili using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chunky Gameday Beef Chili
- You need 1/2 lb of Beef Stew Meat.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 can (15 Oz) of Red kidney beans (undrained).
- It’s 1 can (15 Oz) of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 can (15 Oz) of diced tomatoes (undrained).
- Prepare 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Mexican oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed habanero (or 1/2 tsp ground).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Spoon the mixture to a bowl and set aside. It's not a loose soup, it's thick, chunky and loaded with rich flavor certain to please the entire family. It has kidney beans, pinto beans, chunks of ground beef, spices … it's got it all!
Chunky Gameday Beef Chili step by step
- In a large sauce pan, cook and stir beef, bell pepper, chopped onion, and the garlic over medium heat until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain fat..
- Return beef mixture into pan and stir in tomato sauce, undrained beans and tomatoes, chili powder, salt, basil, oregano, habanero, and black pepper..
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and continue to simmer for 30 minutes..
- Serve with optional shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion, sour cream, or additional pepper. Enjoy!.
This thick chili recipe is perfect for game day gatherings as well. A one-pot, easy meal that can easily feed a crowd. In a large plastic bag, combine the flour, thyme and rosemary; add beef cubes, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, cook beef cubes and ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients except cheese.