Ground Beef Chili. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and green bell pepper. Cook This Beef Chili Low and Slow It's the long, lazy simmer that really sets this meaty chili apart.
Warm up on a cold night with these delicious and hearty ground beef chili recipes that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. In a stockpot, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato puree, salsa, tomatoes, broth, water, seasonings and, if desired, browning sauce. You can have Ground Beef Chili using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Chili
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 2 cans of pinto beans (rinsed and drained).
- It’s 1 can of chopped green chilies.
- It’s 1 can of low sodium beef broth.
- You need 2 of poblanos.
- You need 1 of sweet onion.
- Prepare To taste of Hot peppers.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ancho Chile powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Organic No-Salt added (Costco's brand).
- You need 1 tsp of Montreal seasoning.
Place the ground beef in a large pot and throw in the garlic. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain off the excess fat, and then pour in the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt. Healthy: Our beef chili recipe is made with lean ground beef, beans, and tons of veggies making it high in protein, fiber.
Ground Beef Chili step by step
- In a dutch oven sweat the onion, poblano and hot peppers. Once they are soft stir in the tomato paste..
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a jar while the veggies are sweating. Make sure they are thoroughly mixed..
- When the tomato paste is incorporated add the ground beef. Cook until it is mostly done with just a little pink left and add half the jar of dried spices..
- Let simmer for 10 minutes to allow the spices to incorporate. Add the green chilies, beans and rest of the dry spices..
- Let cook for another 10 minutes. Add the broth to the pot, depending on how much liquid is in there and your preference will determine if you need the whole can or not..
- Simmer for another 2 hours and then let cool. You can eat it the same day but for some reason chili always seems to taste better the next day with fresh cornbread..
- The next day heat oven to 200° and let the dutch oven hang out for hours stirring occasionally and eat when ready!.
It's also made with a homemade chili seasoning canceling out any additives you may find in the store-bought kind. How To Make Ground Beef Chili Begin by combining the ground beef, salt, baking soda, and water in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix until evenly combined. This is the perfect chili recipe in my opinion–it's not so fancy that it's intimidating at all, but it's definitely a step above chili packet recipes and chili beans. Serve topped with desired garnishes, such as jalapeno, green or white white onion, cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and hot sauce.