Florida Beef n' Bean Chili (Quick Version). Derek Reese Washington Developed over the course of many years as a homestyle contest entry quality chili, my Florida Beef n' Bean relies on some Florida staples that make it stand out as a memorable taste where everyone keeps coming back for more. This is the quick (more practical) version that does not require you to make the base from scratch. Reduce heat and simmer until chili thickens and flavors blend, stirring occasionally, about.
That means no beans, and often no tomatoes — just beef and spices. Directions In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. This bean-rich, ground beef chili will not only be delicious today, but it might even taste better tomorrow. You can cook Florida Beef n' Bean Chili (Quick Version) using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Florida Beef n' Bean Chili (Quick Version)
- Prepare 3 tbsp of European-style Butter (Rich Gold, Salted).
- It’s of Whole Sweet Onion (Chopped).
- It’s of Garlic (1 Minced Clove).
- You need of Jalapeño (Minced).
- You need 1/2 of Poblano Pepper (Minced).
- Prepare 2 of chilis in adobo sauce.
- You need 2 lbs of Ground Beef.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 46 oz of Tomato Juice.
- It’s 2 of Tomatoes (Diced).
- You need 16 oz of Kidney Beans.
- It’s 16 oz of Pinto Beans.
- Prepare 8 oz of Chickpeas.
- It’s 2 tsp of Condensed Chicken Bullion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Basil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground coffee.
- You need 1/4 tsp of MSG or Salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 3 oz of Orange Juice.
- You need 1 oz of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 oz of Hot Sauce.
- You need of (Optional) Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Chives.
Adjust the red pepper sauce to your own preference, and be sure to serve this easy chili recipe with plenty of optional toppings, including chopped black olives, fresh limes, guacamole, shredded cheese, salsa, shredded lettuce and sour cream. This easy crockpot chili recipe is made with lean ground beef, canned beans, and chopped vegetables. It is a hearty, nutritious, and complete meal that is perfect on a cold winter day. Double the recipe and take it along to the game or a party and serve it right from the slow cooker.
Florida Beef n' Bean Chili (Quick Version) step by step
- Mix the meat with the MSG (or salt if you hate flavor) and baking soda. Let sit for 15min while you prepare the vegetables – diced Tomato, chopped Sweet Onion, minced Garlic, minced Poblano, minced Jalapeño. You may want to remove the seeds from the Jalapeño depending on desired spiciness. Puree the chilis and strain..
- Brown the Ground Beef in a greased skillet. Partially drain the beef. You may substitute additional beef instead of the beans for a meatier, bean-less (Texan) chili..
- In a large soup pot, sauté with Garlic the Sweet Onion, Poblano, and Jalapeño in 2 tbsp of butter. Continuously stir. The Sweet Onion should start to turn transparent when sautéed..
- Add the Ground Beef, Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Chickpeas, and then pour the Tomato Juice until it is visible on the side of the pot..
- Stir in the Chicken Bullion, Brown Sugar, White Pepper, Chili Powder, Salt, Cumin, Basil, Coffee, Soy Sauce, and Hot Sauce; alter to taste..
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer..
- Add the diced Tomatoes and Orange Juice..
- Simmer uncovered for as long as convenient – up to 5hrs if possible. Cover when the chili reaches desired thickness (no longer watery)..
- Optionally serve with Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, and Chives..
White Bean Chicken Chili My sister shared this white bean chicken chili recipe with me. I usually double it and add one extra can of beans, then serve with cheddar biscuits or warmed tortillas. Add a second can of diced tomatoes. The chili is much better the next day, my wife said it is the best batch so far. Consider these ground beef recipes or this white chicken chili.