Corn cob jelly. Personalise With Your Message and Photo or Choose One of Our Best Sellers! Can't See Them Face to Face? Send Them A Special Card To Brighten Their Day!
Directions Cut corn kernels from cobs and reserve for another recipe. In a stockpot, place corncobs and water; bring to a boil. Strain the corn juice through a double layer of cheesecloth or a jelly bag. You can have Corn cob jelly using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corn cob jelly
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of corn cob juice (see below for directions).
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 package of pectin (surejell).
- It’s 5 of mason jars.. 1/2 pint size.
- You need of waterbath canner.
- It’s 5 of lids and rims for the jars.
Pour into a large saucepan with pectin and bring to a rolling boil. Place the cobs in a large pot, cover with water, place the lid on the pot and boil for an hour. Remove the cobs from the liquid, cool and give them to your chickens if you have them. Prepare: Gather your canning supplies. water bath canner; canning jars; canning lids and rings; jar lifter and canning funnel; large pot; bowls ; large spoons; sharp knife; towels and dish cloths; ladle; cheesecloth or.
Corn cob jelly step by step
- Start by saving 12 corn cobs.. I cut the raw corn from my sweet corn and use it for other recipes and save the cobs from that..
- Place your 12 cobs into a large saucepot and cover with water.. water should cover the cobs completely… hard boil then for at least 30 minutes..
- Remove the cobs and drain the liquid over a strainer and into a bowl.. this liguid is your juice.. you need 3 and 1/2 cups for one batch..
- Pour the juice back into the cleaned pot and heat.. add 2 tsp lemon juice and I package of pectin.. bring back to a rolling boil and add your sugar stirring constant for 1 minute…
- Ladle the jelly into hot jars leave 1/2 inch head space from the top of the jar then top with hot lids and the rings.. screw the ring down tight……
- Place your jars into a waterbath canner with hot water.. the water should cover the jars at least an inch. Cover and boil for 10 minutes….
- Put your jars on a counter or table with a towel underneath and leave for at least 24 hours to set.. you will hear small pop from each jar as they cool and seal…
- Stores for up to a year… refrigerate after opening…..
- Enjoy over toast etc….
Corn Cob Jelly This delicious Corn Cob Jelly is light, sweet and incredibly delicate and delicious. It tastes a whole lot like honey on anything you spread it on. Blueberry Lemon Basil Jam Corn cob jelly is, simply put, a taste of fall. Its that taste of the air turning crisp in the mornings and at night, but the days are still warm and full of outdoor work. Its woodsy – almost like there's a bonfire off in the distance.