Ground Beef Chili. Warm up on a cold night with these delicious and hearty ground beef chili recipes that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and green bell pepper.
Onions, garlic, peppers and tomatoes slowly thicken the chili until it is almost creamy. In a stockpot, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato puree, salsa, tomatoes, broth, water, seasonings and, if desired, browning sauce. You can cook Ground Beef Chili using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Chili
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of plus 2 teaspoons chili powder.
- It’s 1 large of clove garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of (28 ounces) diced tomatoes undrained.
- It’s 1 can of (8 ounces) tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried marjoram.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 can of (15 ounces) light or dark kidney beans (drained and rinsed).
Place the ground beef in a large pot and throw in the garlic. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain off the excess fat, and then pour in the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt. First, heat a large stockpot over medium/high heat.
Ground Beef Chili step by step
- Cook first 2 ingredients in a large skillet until meat is browned and onions have softened. Drain off excess fat..
- Add cooked beef, onions and the rest of the ingredients to a stock pot, mix well; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for one and a half to two hours..
Next, add pinto beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and maple syrup to the pot and stir to combine. This is the perfect chili recipe in my opinion–it's not so fancy that it's intimidating at all, but it's definitely a step above chili packet recipes and chili beans. Serve topped with desired garnishes, such as jalapeno, green or white white onion, cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and hot sauce. How To Make Ground Beef Chili Begin by combining the ground beef, salt, baking soda, and water in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix until evenly combined.