Homemade Margherita Pizza. Voeg je ingrediënten gemakkelijk toe aan je boodschappenlijst. Met de instructievideo's en de Allerhandigste kooktips van AH lukt je recept altijd. Put a jelly roll pan or a half sheet pan in the oven.
Lightly drizzle dough with oil; season with salt and pepper. Gently spread sauce evenly to just inside border, top evenly with mozzarella, and sprinkle with Parmigiano. With one quick forward-and-back jerking motion, slide pizza from peel onto stone. (This is not the moment to hesitate! You can have Homemade Margherita Pizza using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Margherita Pizza
- You need of pizza dough.
- It’s of basil whole leaves.
- Prepare of tomatoes.
- You need of garlic , minced.
- You need of mozzarella cheese.
A classic Pizza Margherita, named for Queen Margherita of Italy, shows off the colors of the Italian flag with red tomatoes, white mozzarella and fresh green basil. I've been teasing you on Instagram for weeks, and I sincerely apologize. I was busy eating this margherita pizza. Ok, so let me be honest.
Homemade Margherita Pizza instructions
- This is a general recipe. A lot of pizza making is technical so adjust dough hydration, temp, and cook times to fit your oven..
- Crush or lightly puree your tomatoes. In a stock pot, saute garlic a minute or two but do not brown.
- Add tomato puree and mix well, reduce heat to gentle simmer and let reduce so that it's thick and not soupy. Season to taste.
- In a bowl add basil leaves and a touch of olive oil to coat them. This will prevent them from drying out and burning..
- Stretch your dough and put it on your peel, add sauce, mozzarella slices, and basil leaves..
- Bake at 550F for 8 minutes.
I rarely ever, EVER tell you that a recipe is the best of anything. Let alone, put it in caps! Sure, I'll say that something is delicious, but declaring such bold statements generally makes me extremely uncomfortable. Margherita pizza is a thin-crust Naples-style pizza topped with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. It's easy to make at home, and you don't need a fancy oven or even a pizza stone to get pizzeria-quality results.