One pot broccoli cheddar soup. Trim the stems off the broccoli heads and chop into small florets. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the butter and onion and sauté until translucent. Add the flour and stir until the mixture lightly browns.
Add half and half and cheddar cheese. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a few big pinches of salt. Use a potato masher to smash the broccoli into smaller pieces. You can cook One pot broccoli cheddar soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of One pot broccoli cheddar soup
- Prepare 2 heads of broccoli chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of half and half.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrots shredded in food processor.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
- It’s of Bread bowl for serving optional.
Alternatively, at this stage you could pour the soup into your blender and puree until smooth, if desired. Creamy and delicious broccoli cheddar soup made in ONE POT on the stovetop. This soup is easy to make and full of flavor (the "secret" to this soup is in the spices!). Serve this broccoli cheddar soup recipe with this Italian Salad, Roasted Vegetables, and/or a crusty loaf of bread!
One pot broccoli cheddar soup step by step
- In a large pot sauté butter, carrots, and onion for a few minutes.
- Add flour, then slowly stir in half and half and broth, bring to a simmer for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
- Mix in broccoli, salt, and pepper, simmer 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- Add cheese, stir until melted and serve.
Melt butter in a large stockpot then stir in onion, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk in flour then broth and half-and-half. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the butter and onion and saute until translucent. Add the flour and stir until the mixture lightly browns. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.