Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili. Use a spoon and add hummus to pot. Finely dice all peppers, avocados, and onion and add to pot. Finely dice cilantro and add to pot.
This is a very spicy chili and the perfect meal for a chilly day. The beans are optional here as they traditionally aren't found in Texas chili. How to Serve Spicy Beef Loaded Hummus: To serve, spread your hummus in a shallow bowl and top it with the spicy beef mixture. You can cook Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili
- You need of Chili Ingredients.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of Lean ground beef of choice.
- You need 2 of Green Peppers (diced).
- It’s 2 of Red Peppers (diced).
- Prepare 2 large of Poblano Peppers (diced).
- Prepare 1 large of Onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of containers of Roasted Red Hummus.
- Prepare 2 can of Tri Colored Beans (drained).
- It’s 2 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Ripe Avocados.
- You need 2 of Squeezed Limes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of bunch of Cilantro.
- Prepare 3 packages of chili powder.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of seasoning salt.
- It’s of crushed red pepper.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 packages of Crackers.
- You need 1 packages of Cheese of choice.
A sprinkle of paprika, za'atar or fresh parsley is nice, but not required. We love to eat this with warmed pita bread, lafta or other flatbread. To Make the Spicy Beef: add the ground beef to a large skillet or cast iron pan along with the onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, and baharat, if using. Saute, stirring often, until the meat browns.
Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili instructions
- I used a Crockpot for this recipe, but a large pot will work also. Prepare something large for it all to go into..
- Brown meat, add to pot..
- Open all cans of tomato paste and diced tomatoes, do not drain and add to pot..
- Drain cans of beans and add to pot..
- Use a spoon and add hummus to pot..
- Finely dice all peppers, avocados, and onion and add to pot..
- Add brown sugar to pot..
- Finely dice cilantro and add to pot..
- Squeeze juices of two limes into pot and stir..
- Add three packages of Chili Powder and the rest of the seasonings to taste. I put "to taste" in case you prefer more or less of something. I love cumin and crushed red pepper so I was heavy on both..
- Let it cook! I had mine in the Crockpot for approximately 6 hours and it was great!.
- Add shredded cheese of choice and crackers to finish it off, enjoy!.
Stir in the beef stock to moisten and bring the mixture together. Heat oil in a large heavy, preferably cast-iron, skillet over high. Pat beef dry with paper towels, then press into an even layer in skillet with a spatula. Heat a large skillet over medium. Discover myriad beef chili recipes from Food Network.