Herb and garlic crusted beef rib roast. For easy cleanup, line shallow roasting pan with foil. Place beef, fat side up, in pan. In small bowl, mix basil, thyme, salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle and press onto all surfaces of roast.
Sprinkle both ribs and roast generously with the salt and pepper. Place garlic, onion, horseradish, oregano, flour, and mayonnaise in a food processor and pulse until it forms a smooth paste. Press the garlic paste onto all sides of the roast and place fat-side up on the rib rack in the pan. You can have Herb and garlic crusted beef rib roast using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Herb and garlic crusted beef rib roast
- It’s 1 of Beef rib roast, small end (3-4 bones).
- You need 2 tsp of dry basil.
- It’s 2 tsp of dry thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; stir in onions, herbs, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. A tender cut of beef from the rib section, the standing rib roast is ideal for celebratory gatherings. Here, the meat is coated with a paste made from fresh herbs, garlic and olive oil, which produces a beautiful browned, flavorful crust.
Herb and garlic crusted beef rib roast step by step
- Rub with spices and refrig 24 hrs..
- Let sit on counter for 2-3 hrs to come to room temperature..
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line shallow pan with foil..
- Place beef fat side up in pan. Insert meat thermometer..
- Roast 1 hr 45 minutes or up to 135°F. Remove from oven. Let sit covered in foil until temp rises to 145°F..
- Remove to carving board; slice..
A standing beef rib roast is sometimes called "prime rib." In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, salt, thyme, rosemary, and black pepper. After the prime rib has come to room temperature, pat it down with paper towels to make sure it's dry. Then rub the entire outside of the prime rib with the herb butter mixture. In a small bowl combine olive oil, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. When cool enough to handle, squeeze the roasted garlic into a bowl; mash to a paste.