Simple White Bread. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Allrecipes There 's no waiting for the yeast to proof, and no blending a little of this, and then a little of that. Just mix the ingredients together all at once -dissolved yeast, powdered milk, oil, flour, and so on -knead the dough and away you go!
How to Bake Simple White Bread The next day, when you are ready to bake the bread after letting the dough rest in the refrigerator, remove the dough from the refrigerator. Keep the dough in the plastic zipped bag as you let it come to room temperature. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. You can cook Simple White Bread using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple White Bread
- Prepare 1 2/3 cup of lukewarm water, divided.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp. of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 tsp. of sugar.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp. of unsalted butter, cubed, room temperature.
- Prepare 4 cups of flour (+ additional 1/2 cup for rolling out dough, etc.).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of melted butter (to brush tops of loaves).
Stir in lard, salt and two cups of the flour. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Turn out onto a floured surface. Simple White Bread (with egg) This is the same recipe as my simple whole wheat bread but it's made with white flour.
Simple White Bread step by step
- In mixer bowl, combine half of the lukewarm water with the active dry yeast and sugar. Allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes..
- Add remaining water, honey, salt, cubed butter and 4 cups flour..
- Mix in mixer with dough hook attachment on low speed for 5 to 10 minutes or until dough becomes soft and non sticky..
- It is done mixing when it pulls off mixer bowl walls..
- Grease a large glass bowl and place dough inside. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in dry warm area for 45 minutes. It should appear to have doubled in size..
- Once it has risen, remove plastic wrap..
- Turn dough out onto clean floured surface and divide equally into 2 halves..
- Using your finger, press dough halves into flattened rectangles. This pushes out air bubbles..
- Roll each tightly into rolls and pinch seams together. Fold over ends under rolls to create loaves..
- Places each loaf into greased bread baking dish..
- Grease top part of plastic wrap to prevent dough from sticking and securely wrap around loaf pans..
- Allow to rise another 45 minutes. They should once again double in size..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baking dishes in center of oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown..
- Turn out on cooling rack and brush tops of each with melted butter..
- Allow to completely cool before slicing. Enjoy!.
Be sure your egg and oil are at room temperature and be sure to aerate your flour before measuring. Mix the butter, sugar, and salt into the warm water. Very easy to make, it will be my go-to recipe for white bread. I only wish there was an option to post a picture to show how beautiful it turned out. Homemade breads make excellent sandwich breads, as long as they don't crumble easily or fall apart.