Mexican Rice. Discover All The Different Zatarain's® Recipes For Some New Orleans Flavor. Looking for Mexican rice (arroz) recipes? Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden.
Add one of these delicious Mexican rice recipes to your dinner menu tonight. Poblano Rice Made Easy This vibrant rice makes a hearty side. Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? You can have Mexican Rice using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- Prepare 2 cups of white rice.
- Prepare of Onion powder.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s of Butter.
Directions In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water.
Mexican Rice instructions
- Add butter to sauce pan (to your liking). Cook bell pepper for a few minutes..
- Add rice and cook till brown (add butter or water to help cook).
- Add tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, & pepper (all too your liking)..
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes..
- Serve and enjoy!.
This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick. IF YOU OMIT THIS STEP YOUR RICE WILL NOT BE DRY AND FLUFFY. Add the rice and stir constantly until the rice begins to turn golden brown. The toastier your rice, the tastier it will be (information gleaned from my friend, via her grandma of course). Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear.