Creamy corn chowder. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Corn Chowder On eBay.
Stir back into the pan, add the milk, sweetcorn, hot pepper sauce and seasoning to taste. Serve scattered with the crispy bacon pieces, corn and chopped parsley. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir well with wire whisk to incorporate. You can cook Creamy corn chowder using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy corn chowder
- You need of Sweet corn 1cob.
- Prepare of Potato 1 large.
- It’s 1 sprig of Spring onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Butter.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Crushed black pepper.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cream.
Stirring constantly, slowly add broth and wine (make sure to scrape bottom of pan as flour tends to stick). Stir in corn, potatoes, half-and-half, thyme, salt, pepper if desired, bay leaf and nutmeg. Corn chowder is a thick soup that is made primarily with corn. For this recipe, you can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn!
Creamy corn chowder instructions
- Boil sweet corn and potato until both are soft and tender. If you are using cooker, boil them for 5 to 10 mins or till you hear three three whistles!.
- After it is cooked, peel the potato skin and chop it into small pieces..
- Remove the kernels from the corn cob..
- In a small pan, add butter. After heating it, add chopped spring onions and sauté them till the raw smell of spring onion vanishes into thin air..
- In a blender, add the potato pieces, kernels, sautéed spring onions, crushed pepper, milk, and salt to taste..
- Blend it till the mixture is smooth and creamy. You may want to add cream, if you are looking for that extra, rich smoothness..
- Transfer it to a bowl and its ready to serve!.
It's really simple to make and is the perfect recipe for beginners. This creamy corn chowder is a child-friendly meal. It is also really healthy and can be used to introduce new vegetables. This corn chowder recipe is loaded with sweet corn, the bacon adds smokiness, and you will love how creamy and flavorful it is!. I based this corn chowder off my Easy Chicken and Corn Chowder.