Beef Ribs. Beef short ribs are a highly flavorful cut; this method of cooking makes the meat so tender you won't need a knife. The thick rich sauce is delicious served with mashed potatoes and the carrots that cook with the ribs. At the restaurant we dust the ribs up to a day in advance.
The number one thing that people do wrong with beef ribs is to let the draining fat catch on fire. This is when the ribs burn so again remember: low and slow. Instead, they are often broken down into either back ribs or short ribs, and then there are subcategories within those. You can have Beef Ribs using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Ribs
- It’s of Ribs.
- You need 4 pounds of beef ribs.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 2 teaspoons of granulated onion powder.
- It’s 1-1/2 of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of soft margarine.
- You need of Gravy.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 3 of ribs/stalks celery.
- It’s 2 of small white onions.
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s 2-1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 8 ounces of envelope of coconut ginger rice by Vigo.
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- It’s 1 pound of mixed vegetables see types below.
- You need 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare As needed of salt.
- Prepare As needed of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
The back ribs come from close to the spine towards the animal's front, overlapping the ribeye and prime rib areas. When the rib bones are removed, there is very little meat left on the bones. As much as possible goes to the more expensive rib roast or steaks. Beef back ribs have more meat in between the bones.
Beef Ribs step by step
- Mixed vegetables, yellow and orange carrot, broccoli and cauliflower. Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash the ribs for bone splinters. The separate the ribs..
- Season the ribs. Heat the roaster. Add the sliced celery and onions. Add the ribs on top of the vegetables and add the broth. Slather the top of ribs with the softened margarine..
- Cook the rice per instructions on your envelope. Cook the vegetables till liquids are reduced..
- Cook the ribs in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove the ribs add the flour. Wisk well..
- Keep whisking till smooth add the rest of the broth. Add the beef ribs back into the gravy..
- Serve I hope you enjoy. I used the gravy with the spoon bread..
These are prime cut ribs and are more expensive than short ribs. Avoid choosing ribs with thin patches of meat or completely exposed rib bones without any meat coverage. Ribs should be plump with an even thickness of meat from rib to rib. This ensures the ribs cook evenly in the oven. Although not as popular as pork ribs, beef ribs are a great alternative and cook similarly to a rack of pork ribs.