Very simple Margherita pizza #CookPadRamadan #iftarspecial. Spread passata over the dough, leaving a thin border round the edge. Scatter with the remaining basil and serve with a side salad. Spread sauce over partially baked crust.
Begin by making the tomato sauce. What Goes on a Margherita Pizza This type of pizza is incredibly simple. They include crushed fresh or canned Italian tomatoes for the sauce and mozzarella, fresh basil, salt, and a drizzle of olive oil as the toppings. You can cook Very simple Margherita pizza #CookPadRamadan #iftarspecial using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Very simple Margherita pizza #CookPadRamadan #iftarspecial
- Prepare of olive oil, for the tray.
- It’s 200 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 7 g of packet easy-blend dried yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 125 ml of warm water.
- It’s 85 ml of passata.
- It’s 100 g of mozzarella, half grated, half chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative.
- It’s of small bunch basil, half chopped, half left whole.
- You need of Side salad, to serve.
I usually make a very simple pizza sauce out of crushed tomatoes and season it with a pinch of sugar, salt and a little oregano and olive oil but you could use whatever base you prefer. Whatever you do, don't skimp on the mozzarella. A classic margherita pizza is topped with a thin layer of tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil. It's a simple yet delicious pizza.
Very simple Margherita pizza #CookPadRamadan #iftarspecial step by step
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9. Oil a 20 x 24cm baking tray. Mix the flour, yeast, ¼ tsp salt and the sugar in a bowl, then stir in the water. Bring the mixture together, knead until smooth, then press into the oiled tray..
- Spread passata over the dough, leaving a thin border round the edge. Season the passata, then sprinkle with the chopped basil, the mozzarella and the Parmesan, and bake for 15-20 mins or until cooked through. Scatter with the remaining basil and serve with a side salad..
I use San Marzano canned tomatoes for the pizza sauce, which are my personal favorite. They are sweeter and less acidic than most other canned tomatoes. Place dough on a lightly floured pizza peel. Prepare Pizza Dough: In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add the warm water and olive oil, and stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until the dough just begins to come together.