Mejaddarah- Syrian recipe. All The Supplies, Food, Toys And Accessories You Need To Keep Your Pet Happy. Compare Price and Edition Great Selection and Amazing Prices. Wash the rice very well in several changes of cold water, until the water runs clear.
This recipe is easy to make You can eat it with pickles or green salad. Add the water and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, stir in the rice and reduce the heat to medium. You can have Mejaddarah- Syrian recipe using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mejaddarah- Syrian recipe
- Prepare of white rice.
- Prepare of boiled brown lentils.
- You need of onion chopped slides.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- It’s of hot water.
- You need of cubes of chicken stock.
- You need of salt.
Season the rice with paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. If desired, add parsley or corriander to your mujaddara, fresh or dry is fine. Wash and drain lentils and bulgur thoroughly. Add lentils to a pot with water and bring to a boil.
Mejaddarah- Syrian recipe step by step
- Put 2 cups of white rice in a bowl and rinse it then drench it for 10 minutes then sift it.
- In a medium pot put a little bit of vegetable oil and put the lentils and the rice and stir a little.
- Melt the chicken stock with 3 cups of water then add it to the rice mixture then add salt for seasoning.
- Cover the pot and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes on a low heat.
- In a pan put a little bit of vegetable oil and add the chopped onion and stir until golden brown.
- Put it in the serving dish and put the onions on the top.
In this classic Middle Eastern Mujaddara recipe, humble lentils and rice are seasoned with warm spices and fried onions for a tasty and satisfying dish! Start sauteing the onion in olive oil. Remove half of them when they turn yellow and leave the rest on a medium heat until they turn brown and crunchy (note that you need a lot of olive oil to get a good crunch). Meanwhile, wash the burgul and add it to the lentil and its water. Mujadara (mujaddara) is a signature Middle Eastern dish of lentils and rice garnished with crispy onions.