Braised Beef Ribs. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil and brown the ribs well on all sides. Add water, salt, sugar and pepper, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Remove the ribs and set aside.
Coat a pot large enough to accommodate all the meat and vegetables with olive oil and bring to a high heat. Add the short ribs to the pan and brown very. Generously season short ribs with salt and pepper. You can cook Braised Beef Ribs using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Braised Beef Ribs
- You need 1 rack of beef ribs.
- You need 1 (16 oz) of can of tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Kirkland brand sweet mesquite seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of Italian spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayanne pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut sugar.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare Pinch of pepper.
- You need 5 of carrots chopped.
- You need 2 stalks of celery chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Braise ribs in oven: Return the ribs to the pan, add the veal stock and enough water to cover the ribs. Bring to a boil, cover with foil, and place in the oven. The most tender and succulent fall apart beef you will ever have, you'd pay top dollar at fine dining restaurants for a plate of these Braised Beef Short Ribs. Cooked long and slow in a rich red wine sauce, these beef ribs are easy enough for midweek, and most definitely impressive enough for company.
Braised Beef Ribs step by step
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees..
- Toss carrots, celery and onion in the bottom of a roasting pan..
- Brush olive oil on both sides of the beef ribs and place them on top of the vegetables in the roasting pan..
- Lightly season beef ribs on both sides with salt and pepper..
- Using a blender, blend the can of tomatoes, tomato paste, rest of the spices and garlic..
- Pour mixture over top of the meat..
- Place cover over top of the roasting pan and roast in the oven for 5-6 hours..
- Remove the ribs from oven and let sit for 5 minutes..
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice..
Heat the oven and season the meat. Brush each short rib with the oil, then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Short ribs can be braised whether they are boneless or bone-in. Season and sear the meat over a high heat. Next, immerse the short ribs either partially or fully in a flavorful liquid in an oven safe pan.