Shrimp Aglio Olio. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! How to make Shrimp Aglio e Olio.
While the pasta cooks, make the sauce. Cook the shrimp: Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels before cooking to ensure they brown a little. This will add even more flavor to the finished dish. You can have Shrimp Aglio Olio using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Aglio Olio
- It’s 250 g of Spaghetti.
- It’s 250 g of shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic, minched.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan then add the garlic. I like slicing the garlic super thinly. The main ingredients that go into an aglio e olio sauce are olive oil, garlic, peperoncino (or chilli flakes), parsley and some pasta water that turns everything into a smooth sauce. This is basically such a quick and easy recipe that all I'd tell you is – use the best ingredients you can find.
Shrimp Aglio Olio instructions
- Combine water, oil and salt and bring it to boil. Put the spaghetti on the boiling water. Cook until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water..
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic. Saute the garlic on a low heat until fragrant. Add shrimp and chili flakes. Cook the shrimp for 3-4 minutes. Add ⅛ cup pasta water to the pan and bring to a boil. Add parsley..
- When the pasta water has reduced a little and thickened into a sauce (about 2 minutes), add the drained pasta and toss in the sauce. Add the remaining pasta water.
- Add a pinch of salt to taste and parmesan cheese..
- Squeeze lemon juice and mix everything. Serve immediately..
Because those are what will make this shrimp spaghetti aglio olio shine. So use good quality olive oil, fresh garlic and juicy, plump shrimp or prawns. And of course, a generous helping of. Heat a skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil. Cook the shrimp until both sides turn white, then add the spaghetti and water into the skillet.