Dutch Oven Beef Ribs. Wide Range of Dutch Oven & Casserole Pots. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Cover the Dutch oven with its lid and then place it into your preheated oven. When the meat is tender, remove the Dutch oven and transfer the short ribs and vegetables to a platter for serving.
Add ribs and cover with lid. Brush each short rib with the oil, then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Heat a deep, wide Dutch oven or sauté pan over medium-high heat. You can have Dutch Oven Beef Ribs using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dutch Oven Beef Ribs
- It’s 4-6 of beef ribs.
- You need 3 of large carrots.
- Prepare 4 of Yukon Gold Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of large sweet onion.
- You need 1 TBSP of salt.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of pepper.
- Prepare 12 ounces of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of beef or chicken broth.
These beef ribs are dredged in flour then seared in a Dutch oven or oven-safe roasting pan before transferring to the oven to braise in a beefy red wine marinade. A few key ingredients including beef broth, red wine and Worchestershire sauce, flavor the meat and transform these ribs into fall-off-the-bone deliciousness. Place the cut racks of ribs in your Dutch oven. Cover the ribs with your BBQ sauce.
Dutch Oven Beef Ribs step by step
- Preheat gas grill to 300 degrees.
- Sear the ribs in the cast iron dutch oven for about 4 minutes, turning frequently. Remove dutch one from stove and add all the ingredients placing the ribs on the top..
- Move dutch oven to the grill and cover the oven and close the grill. (I have a four burner grill, so I just turn on the two outside burners and place the dutch oven on the two burners that are off). Set your timer for two hours..
- Remove Dutch oven from the grill and place on counter without the lid. Let sit for about ten minutes..
Lightly dust the ribs with flour, shaking off any excess. Using tongs, sear the ribs on all sides until browned, adding more oil if needed. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season short ribs on all sides with salt and pepper. Add oil to dutch oven, set stovetop burner to medium high heat and brown short ribs seasoned with salt and pepper on all sides.