Our Family's Recipe for Oden Soup Stock. Huge Selection on Second Hand Books. World of Books is one of the largest online sellers of second-hand books in the world Low Prices on Best Soup Makers. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Steps Put the dashi stock and all of the seasonings into an earthenware pot and stir to dissolve.
Basically, Oden is a Japanese soup made by filling a simmering pot with a dashi soup stock and various ingredients such as daikon (Japanese radish), boiled egg, multiple types of fish cakes, and konnyaku (yam cake). Place all the ingredients in the pot. Add more dashi soup stock and soy sauce as needed. You can have Our Family's Recipe for Oden Soup Stock using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Our Family's Recipe for Oden Soup Stock
- You need 1200 ml of Dashi stock (made with kombu, bonito flakes and niboshi ).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Dashi soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chicken soup stock granules.
Rinse the fish cakes and fish balls with running water, remove the excess oil from the fish cakes and fish balls. Drained, pat dry with paper towels and set aside. In a soup pot, bring the dashi, water, kombu strips (if using) to boil. Add the daikon and stew on low heat until they are cooked through.
Our Family's Recipe for Oden Soup Stock step by step
- Put the dashi stock and all of the seasonings into an earthenware pot and stir to dissolve..
- Add whatever ingredients you like. First put in items such as daikon radish and potatoes that cook slowly in the bottom of the pot, and then add fish cakes and such on top as if to cover the ingredients that need to cook for longer..
- Let it bubble and simmer for 30 minutes (uncovered)..
- After simmering for 30 minutes, immediately set the pot onto a double layer of bath towels and wrap it up. Leave it like that for 6 hours or more, and it's done!.
- Leave it alone, just like this ..
Add bonito flakes into the soup stock. Discard the bonito flakes or save for another use. To Prepare Oden Broth In a donabe (earthenware pot) or a large and deep pot, add dashi (Japanese soup stock) and the rest of the seasonings for oden broth. Place the pot over medium heat. Dissolve the soup mix and bring it to simmer.