Mexican Pizza. The Official Food Of Only Ever Using Fresh Ingredients. Tasty Handmade Pizzas & Sumptuous Side From Domino's Pizza. Stock tools & supplies for your garden.
Flatten dough to fit the pan, sealing seams and perforations. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. You can cook Mexican Pizza using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican Pizza
- Prepare of Crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of GF flour mix.
- You need 3/4 cup of masa.
- It’s 1/4 cup of corn meal.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of shortening.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 3 tbsp of yeast.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of taco bell mild sauce.
- You need of Toppings.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare To taste of taco meat.
- You need of Lettuce.
- It’s of Tomatoes.
- It’s of Plain yogurt.
- You need of Anything else that sounds good!.
But what's not crazy is the sweet serenity from the Mexican and Italian cultures that is the Mexican Pizza. Crisp pizza shells, refried beans, and a layer of seasoned beef make the "crust," while pizza sauce, a three-cheese blend, and tomatoes make the topping, creating a delicious love child of Mexican and Italian cuisine. Spread with enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese. This wonderful recipe for Mexican pizza takes the flavors of a taco or a tostada and turns it into a pizza treat.
Mexican Pizza instructions
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- Bloom the yeast in the water with the sugar..
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and work in the shortening. Using a manual pastry blender works great but a fork would work too..
- Stir the bloomed yeast into the dry ingredients and let stand for about half an hour. The dough will rise slightly but nothing like a traditional dough recipe..
- Spread the dough out onto a parchment lined baking sheet or large greased baking dish. I used a baking dish this time and it worked out good, but next time I'll use a baking sheet because it will be easier to cut the pizza when done..
- Par bake the crust for 8 minutes. If it still feels a little under done put it back in for another 5 minutes..
- Mix the tomato sauce and taco bell mild sauce together spread into an even layer across the whole crust..
- Cover edge to edge with your favorite taco meat..
- Cover with the cheddar and mozzarella then bake for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes if the cheese doesn't have any color move to the top rack and bake for another 2-3 minutes..
- Cut and cover with you favorite toppings..
This recipe is packed with flavor and amazing texture combinations, and it's easy to make! Pizza making is a fun, social activity and is a great way to get your kids interested in the kitchen, the food they're eating and get them to. A Mexican Pizza recipe with ground beef, refried beans, and other toppings sandwiched in corn tortillas. Think Taco Bell but healthier and so much tastier. These Mexican Pizzas are even BETTER than the ones you love from Taco Bell!