Grilled Beef Ribs. Looking for grilled beef rib recipes? These beef back ribs are marinated in a rich red wine, garlic and herb mixture, seasoned with Traeger Prime Rib Rub and grilled to perfection. If you don't see beef ribs in the meat section of your supermarket, ask the butcher, who may have a rack of frozen or fresh beef ribs that can be cut up.
To ensure that the ribs are tasty and flavorful, it all starts with a good spice rub — but preparing your grill the right way is also important. Rinse the rib and completely dry by patting it down with a paper towel. Use the sharp end of the knife to lift a corner of the thin membrane at the back of the rib. You can have Grilled Beef Ribs using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Beef Ribs
- Prepare 1 of Rack of beef ribs.
- You need 1 of Your favorite beef dry rub.
- You need 1 of Squeeze butter or margerin.
Place your beef ribs bone-side down on the grill opposite to the heat source if you have two burners and in the center if you have three. This keeps both heat and smoke inside the grill. The secret with barbecued beef ribs, like all barbecue, is to cook them low and slow. By smoking your beef ribs, you are going to get the best-flavored ribs possible.
Grilled Beef Ribs instructions
- Pull membrane off the bone side of ribs. VERY important if you want tender ribs. It's a clear, thin layer on the back of the rack, but it pulls off fairly easy..
- Coat the ribs generously with dry rub. Spank it! (I always spank it).
- Grill over direct heat for 5mins on each side (get a good brown color on there).
- Wrap in heavy duty foil and squeeze butter over the meat (feel free to dress it up with onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc.).
- Cook over indirect heat at 375° for 45mins. (bone should begin to show when done) Brush your preference of BBQ sauce on both sides and let it caramelize. (I make my own sauce).
- Separate ribs and let cool to serve..
This process will take about six to seven hours to produce a flavorful batch of ribs. Once complete, you won't regret a moment of the work that goes into preparing them. Once the grill's heat is stable, I put the beef slabs on the grill with the bone side down. Place the ribs right on the grill, using tongs to maneuver them into place. Place the ribs meatier-side-down on the grill away from the coals.