Beef Short Rib Stew. For the stew: Heat the oil and butter in a Dutch oven over a medium-high heat. Unlike his dad, who favored rump roast, Stowell uses short ribs, a marbled cut that turns. Pour the oil into the preheated pan, heat until shimmering.
Remove bones, excess fat: Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high heat. This Beef Short Ribs Stew is decadent and adds so much more to plain old beef dishes. Prepare the short ribs: In a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat the ghee or olive oil. You can cook Beef Short Rib Stew using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Short Rib Stew
- You need 2.5 lbs of – Beef Short Ribs.
- You need 1.6 lbs of – Baby Yellow Potatoes.
- You need 10 slices of – Ginger.
- You need 1/2 cup of – Regular Olive Oil.
- It’s 8 cloves of – Garlic.
- You need 4 pcs of – Dried Red Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of – Sichuan Pepper Corn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of – Cooking Wine(Rice Wine or Shao Hsing Wine).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of – Pixian Broad Bean Chili Oil Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of – Light Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of – Dark Soy Sauce.
Pat the short ribs dry with paper towels and season with the sea salt. In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, melt butter. Remove meat and add to slow cooker. Braised Short Rib stewed in Guinness make up the filling of this Irish meat pie, while crisped potatoes form the top "crust" of this wintertime potpie.
Beef Short Rib Stew instructions
- Cover all the beef with a pot of water. Add 5 slices of ginger. Boiling at high heat. Turn to medium heat when the blood comes out..
- When the beef turns brown, take it out of the water. Cut the beef to small pieces..
- Chop the rest of the ginger and the garlic to fine pieces..
- Heat the oil at high heat. Add ginger, garlic, dry red pepper and Sichuan pepper corn. Before the garlic turns brown, add beef..
- Stir the beef for 3 minutes. Turn to medium heat. Add cooking wine..
- Add broad bean chili oil sauce. (Try to get the red oil part of the sauce. Because the slow cooking process will make the beef absorb all the flavor from sauce. Just a little bit of sauce will make it spicy and savory enough. So avoid too much sauce.).
- Add light soy sauce to give it a sweet hint. Add dark soy sauce to give it a caramelized color..
- Add water to cover all the beef. Simmer at medium heat with lid on for 40 minutes to 1 hour..
- Cut the baby potatoes to half size while beef is boiling. After 40 minutes to 1 hour, the water in the pot should be shallow. Add water to cover the beef again..
- Boil for another 40 minutes, the water in the pot should be shallow again. Add potatoes and cook for 20 minutes or untill the potatos are tender. It's ready to serve..
Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat until hot. Remove from stockpot; season with salt and black pepper. Cook's Tip: To cook in a slow cooker, season beef with black pepper and salt. If you want something that is bad to the bone, finger licking good, insanely delicious, impossible to mess up, with very little prep then this is it!!! Nigerian "stew base," a blend of plum tomatoes, onion, red bell pepper and chiles, forms the foundation of these braised beef short ribs.