My Recipe for Buns. Brush buns with reserved melted butter, if. In a separate bowl, heat milk, water, oil, sugar and salt to lukewarm in microwave. Knead out until dough is soft and does not stick to your hands.
Use a multitray bamboo steamer so you can cook all the buns at one time. To make them up to two months ahead, fill the dough, and freeze unsteamed buns on a tray in the freezer before placing them in a freezer-safe zip-top plastic bag. These rolls are JUST like the ones the cafeteria ladies make in the school lunch rooms! You can cook My Recipe for Buns using 10 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Recipe for Buns
- You need of Strong bread flour.
- You need of Whole wheat flour.
- It’s of Egg.
- Prepare of total, together with the egg. Water.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Dry yeast.
- You need of Toppings:.
- You need of appropriate amount Oatmeal, Sesame seeds, Poppy seeds, etc..
They are super easy and everyone will want the recipe. We eat the leftovers for breakfast or put cheese and turkey in warmed rolls for a quick lunch! Add the bubbly yeast mixture and stir to combine. Place the bowl in the stand mixer and put the dough hook on the machine.
My Recipe for Buns step by step
- Beat the egg and combine with water. Save 1 heaping teaspoon of egg and water to brush on top of the buns before baking..
- Make the dough in the bread machine for the first rising..
- Punch down the dough, and form into even-sized balls. I made 5. They are quite large, after baking, but I like this size. Make them as big as you like..
- Cover with a moist tea towel and let rise for 15 minutes..
- Press the air out of the balls well, since the buns aren't good with lots of air bubbles. Reshape the balls, as shown in the photo, tucking in the bottoms, then start rolling them around..
- After rolling the balls around about 20~30 times, they will be nice and round. It's important to shape them well, because you will bake them without using molds..
- Make sure the seams on the bottom are well closed. When all the balls are ready, cover with a moist tea towel and let rise for a second time..
- When they've almost doubled in size, brush with the reserved egg and water mixture..
- Sprinkle on the topping. (This time I used oatmeal.) Bake at 375F/190℃ for about 20 minutes.They're done..
- The freshly baked buns look like this..
- I took the top photo the day after baking mine, since I forgot the day of….
- This is how we eat them at our house. I put a bit of butter in a pan, and toast the insides..
- Get the buns ready by spreading with mayonnaise, hot mustard, ketchup, and regular yellow mustard. Top with lettuce and tomato..
- I recommend making the patties a bit bigger than the buns because they'll shrink. Flatten while cooking, as they tend to puff up..
- Put a slice of cheese on top, and when it's melted, place the patties on the tomato. Top with fried onions, a little fig jam and avocado..
- Now your cheeseburger is ready to eat. This one's for my husband, with no avocado..
- Press together, open your mouth wide, and take a bite. These hamburgers are my specialty that my husband and friends rave about..
You can also knead by hand. These turned out really well – light, lovely taste and texture. Also delicious when made with whole wheat flour. The Chinese make these steamed dumplings from yeast dough as part of a collection of steamed and fried delicacies known as dim sum. Here, the dough surrounds the filling, then gets pinched and twisted to form a pouch.