Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi. Ruime keuze heerlijke Short ribs tegen een zeer scherpe prijs. De volgende dag vers en koel thuisbezorgd. Vergelijk de prijzen voordat je koopt.
Spoon pan sauce over ribs and polenta. These flavorful short ribs perfectly illustrate how braised meat cooked on the bone can turn out succulent and tender enough to cut with a fork. The bones also enrich the braising liquid, which marries delectably with the cheese-laced creamy polenta. You can have Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi using 40 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi
- You need of For the short ribs.
- Prepare 2 of lg short ribs per serving, I made 3 servings.
- You need of Salt, white pepper, dry mustard.
- It’s 1/4 of sweet onion, chopped.
- You need 3 of lg cloves garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of red wine, I used a cabernet.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 1 tbs of minced chives.
- You need of For the polenta.
- It’s 1/4 of sweet onion, diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 of lg cloves garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of white corn meal.
- You need 6 oz of merlot belvitano cheese, shredded or cubed.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sour cream.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and white pepper.
- It’s of For the scampi.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of 16-21 count prawns, I used wild argentinian pinks.
- You need of Remove shells, leave tail on.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1/4 of sweet onion, diced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of red chili flakes.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For the pan sauce.
- It’s of All the drippings from the ribs.
- You need 1/2 cup of additional red wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of additional balsamic vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare of Additional chopped parsley and chives.
A bold-flavored Syrah or Zinfandel is ideal for the pot and the table. Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the short ribs generously with salt and pepper, then. Description Braised short ribs are so rich and flavorful, it seems as though you worked so hard; but really you put everything in the pot and forget about it.
Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi instructions
- Heat a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil. Coat ribs with seasoning generously. Quickly brown on all sides. Set aside..
- In same Dutch oven, add butter and onions. Cook on medium low heat until they start to caramelize. Add garlic and cook one minute. Add parsley and chives, cook one more minute. Add rest of ingredients for the ribs. Bring mixture just to a boil so flavor combines..
- Return the ribs to the Dutch oven. Cover and place in a 300 degree oven for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 170 and continue for 2 more hours..
- Remove ribs to and oven safe plate and place in oven at 170 to keep warm. Cool the cooking liquid until it is Able to be handled. Strain as much fat off of the top as you can. Add remaining ingredients for the sauce except salt. Bring to a simmer and reduce. The sauce should have a shimmery Appearance not too thick like gravy. Salt to taste..
- Start the polenta and scampi at the same time. Polenta in a lg saucepan, scampi in a lg frying pan. Both over medium high heat. Add butter to both and saute onions..
- For the polenta, you don't want onion to caramelize. Just sweat off. When translucent, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add water, milk, and bouillon. Bring to a boil. When boiling, very slowly whisk cornmeal into liquid. If you go too fast it will be lumpy. As soon as all the cornmeal is incorporated, add cheese and sour cream, reduce heat. Stir constantly until thick and creamy.
- For the scampi, you do want the onion to caramelize a little. When you start seeing the onion brown, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add rest of scampi ingredients except salt and saute until prawns are cooked. About 3-4 minutes. Taste 1 prawn and add salt if desired..
- To plate, add polenta on the bottom, place short ribs on top of polenta. Scampi on the side. Garnish polenta with parsley, and rib with chives. Spoon pan sauce over ribs and polenta. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
The creamy polenta is wonderful and comforting, a perfect partner for the short ribs. This is love in a bowl! Creamy Polenta Spray the insert of a slow cooker with cooking spray (for easier clean up) and preheat on high. Season with salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly to keep the mixture lump-free. Braised Short Ribs and Creamy Polenta by Girl and The Kitchen and Hello by Adele […] Reply.