Braised short rib with horseradish whipped potatoes and roasted carrots. Add the garlic, mushrooms, carrots, onions and celery to a bowl. I did this the night before to cut down on prep time. Take the ribs out and let come to room temp, about an hour.
Coat a pot large enough to accommodate all the meat and vegetables with olive oil and bring to a high heat. Season short ribs generously with salt. Mix potatoes, parsnips, carrots, shallots, a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. You can have Braised short rib with horseradish whipped potatoes and roasted carrots using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Braised short rib with horseradish whipped potatoes and roasted carrots
- Prepare 4 of meaty short ribs (about 31/2 lbs).
- You need 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 of Medium yellow onion chopped.
- You need 4 of large garlic cloves chopped.
- It’s 8 oz of sliced baby Bella.
- It’s 1 cup of red wine.
- It’s 32 oz of Bold beef stock (veal stock if you can find it).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare of Minced flat leaf parsley to finish.
- You need 1 tbsp of dry thyme.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ap flour.
Add enough oil to lightly coat. To prepare ribs, heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Season short ribs generously with salt and pepper. Coat your pot with canola oil and pan sear short ribs in batches.
Braised short rib with horseradish whipped potatoes and roasted carrots instructions
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, carrots, onions and celery to a bowl. I did this the night before to cut down on prep time..
- Take the ribs out and let come to room temp, about an hour. Add evo to a large Dutch oven and heat to medium high. Add the short ribs flesh side down and brown. Turn on both sides and brown as well, set to the side..
- Add your veggies and scrape up all the brown bits from the bottom, season with salt, pepper and thyme and sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and reduce by half. Add the tomato paste and mix, the 2 tbsp of flour and mix, cook it out for a few minutes..
- Add about 3 cups of the beef stock and stir. Add the short ribs flesh side down. Make sure your liquid is right above the meat but not the bone so add more stock if necessary. Cover with the lid and cook on 325 for about 2 1/2 hours or until tender..
- Remove the short ribs to heavy duty foil and wrap them up being careful not to let the meat and bone separate, place in the oven on warm while you finish the sauce..
- Strain all the liquid through a sieve into a small stock pot and turn the heat up to reduce and thicken the sauce, add a slurry if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste then take off the heat and serve over the dish..
When the meat is seared to an amber-brown color, transfer to a roasting pan. My classic braised short ribs recipe that's just as cozy and comforting as any dish you could dream of. Short ribs slowly braised in a rich braising liquid of tomato paste, red wine, balsamic vinegar, beef stock, and hearty herbs. Finished with a little lemon zest and served over whipped potatoes, with simple roasted root vegetables alongside. To make the gremolata, grate your horseradish by removing the skin first and grating just like you would a potato.