Ragi banana bread eggless no sugar recipe. Ragi (finger millet) banana bread recipe is a healthy moist and soft ragi bread with NO butter,NO eggs, NO white flour and NO sugar. Ragi (Finger millet) Banana bread Recipe This ragi bread recipe is made with ragi flour, whole wheat flour, banana and chocolate chips which makes everything so delicious. And guess what, its an eggless recipe!
I'm one of those people who'd rather eat a slice of regular cake and maybe burn off the calories with a brisk walk or a run, instead of eating a no fat, no sugar, no flour kind of dessert. In a large bowl,Mix the Ragi, Oats, Baking Powder, Baking soda & Salt together. Take another bowl and Mash the Bananas. You can have Ragi banana bread eggless no sugar recipe using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ragi banana bread eggless no sugar recipe
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ragi flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated jaggery.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of yoghurt.
- You need As needed of oil.
- Prepare 2 of over ripened bananas.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence optional.
- It’s 1/4 cup of walnuts chopped (any dried fruits or seeds can be used).
Add the Coconut sugar, Oil and Yogurt and whisk. Pour the liquid banana mix into the Flour mixture. Mix it all well together Pour into a loaf Pan. Ragi a.k.a finger millet – a love, hate relationship most kids (and adults) have over their life.
Ragi banana bread eggless no sugar recipe step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.Grease and line the baking tin..
- In a bowl soak grated jaggery in water.Set aside..
- Coat the chopped walnuts in bit of flour to keep them from sinking in the bottom while baking. Set aside..
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour,ragi flour, baking soda,salt and cinnamon powder. Give it a good mix.Set aside..
- Take a mixer/blender jar. Add in the peeled bananas along with oil, yoghurt and jaggery solution. Make a smooth puree..
- Add this puree to the dry ingredients gradually and whisk properly. Then fold in the walnuts gently..
- Pour the batter in baking tin and tap 2-3 times on the counter top tocremove air bubbles..
- Bake at 180°C for 20-25 mins. Keep an eye on the oven do check it once by 20 mins. As every oven works differently. Check if the toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Cool it within the tin on a wire rack for few minutes. Then scrape the sides using a knife..
- Demould, take out the parchment paper and let it cool completely..
- Cut into slices,serve and Enjoy !!! Can be kept in fridge upto a week..
Although they say its an acquired taste, mostly its a hate-all kind of ingredient for most of us. Keeping this in mind I tried out this banana bread recipe with ragi and whole wheat flour. Sift the whole wheat flour, ragi flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In a bowl mash the banana with the help of a masher till smooth and pulpy. Add honey and oil to it.