Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce. Ruime keuze in diverse soorten Short ribs. Losse stukken vlees of hele pakketten. We leveren hoge kwaliteit vers vlees tegen een scherpe prijs.
Add tomato paste and red wine, scraping up all bits of the pan. Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce Spice Mix Fulshear, TX This short rib is juicy, and tender. The rich sauce is the perfect addition to the short ribs. You can have Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce
- It’s 3 lb of bone-in short ribs.
- Prepare 2 of bacon strips.
- Prepare 3 tbls of olive oil.
- You need 3 tbls of butter.
- It’s 1.5 of large white onions chopped.
- You need 3 of carrots peeled- and chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks chopped.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- You need 3 tbls of flour.
- You need 2 tbls of tomato paste.
- It’s 3/4 bottle of red wine.
- Prepare 6 sprigs of flat leaf parsley.
- It’s 5 sprigs of thyme.
- Prepare 3 sprigs of oregano.
- You need 3 sprigs of rosemary.
- It’s 2 of fresh or dried Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 head of garlic halved.
- You need 2.5 cups of low sodium beef broth.
Add the wine and veal stock, throw in thyme springs and bay leaf and bring to a simmer. Return the ribs to the pot. Transfer the ribs to a plate, strain the sauce and skim off the fat. A lot of red wine-braised beef short ribs lean too far in that direction, and I didn't want any part in it.
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 215°..
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper and set aside..
- Heat Dutch oven on med low heat and add bacon strips. Cook the fat out of the bacon without burning the bacon..
- Remove bacon strips and store for snack later. Keep bacon fat in Dutch oven, add butter and set heat to med high..
- Brown short ribs on all sides, if needed work Browning multiple batches if necessary, cook should be about 8 minutes per batch..
- Transfer short ribs to a plate. Keep about 3 Tbsp. drippings inside Dutch oven. Can use a little more..
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to pot and cook over medium-high heat cook for a few minutes..
- Add tomatoes, stirring often, until onions are browned, about 5 minutes..
- Add flour and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, until well combined and deep red, 2-3 minutes..
- Stir in wine and cook off alcohol. Add the beef stock and bring to a boil..
- Add all herbs and garlic and some more salt if needed to sauce. Add short ribs with any accumulated juices to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil;.
- Cover Dutch oven and put in oven. Cook until short ribs are tender, 2–21/2 hours..
- Transfer short ribs to a platter. Strain sauce from Dutch oven into a sauce pan..
- Reduce down until it gets a good consistency but not too thick its not a gravy. Sauce should shimmering..
What I was after was something very different. I wanted pieces of bone-in beef short ribs braised until fork-tender, and I wanted them glazed in a deeply reduced sauce that's thick, glossy, and sticky. Brown – As with most slow cooked dishes like Beef Stew and Pot Roast, we start by aggressively browning the beef short ribs. This is where we get a ton of flavour on both the beef and in the sauce (from the brown stuff – fond – left on the base of the pot). Add the ribs and brown on all sides.