My Peachy Crispy Custard Slice 😉. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! When the milk is coming to the boil, pour a little of the milk into the custard in the bowl.
Place pie crust in an ungreased pan. Press the crust into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Make holes in the pie crust using a fork. You can have My Peachy Crispy Custard Slice 😉 using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Peachy Crispy Custard Slice 😉
- Prepare 1 of uncooked pastry for making a 8 inch crust.
- You need 1/2 liter of full cream milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of custard powder.
- It’s 3 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 6 of Flat peaches or round, peeled and chopped up.
- You need 100 grams of plain biscuits, put in a bag and smashed into crumbs.
- It’s 8 inch of round deep oven dish around 3 inch depth.
Take the custard slice from the fridge and spread the icing over the top layer of pastry. Using the piping bag, draw ten parallel lines along the top of the icing in one direction. Spread meringue over custard, sealing to edge of casserole. Spoon into individual serving bowls, and serve immediately.
My Peachy Crispy Custard Slice 😉 step by step
- First make your round pastry thickish. Then put into preheated oven to cook for about 20 mins on 160°C or gas 5..
- While pastry is cooking add the milk to a saucepan and heat. Mix the custard powder with 4 tbsp of the milk in a small bowl and add sugar..
- When the milk is coming to the boil, pour a little of the milk into the custard in the bowl. Put the saucepan back on the heat. Stir the bowl of custard mix and milk, and then add it to the milk on the heat. Stir quickly take off the heat and keep stirring it will go very thick ..
- Peel and chop the peaches.
- Put biscuits in a bag and bash them into crumbs..
- The pastry should be cooked , bring it out and let cool a little add the cut up peaches.
- Then add the buscuits.
- Stir the custard and then pour on top of the biscuits mixture to the top..
- Let cool for half hour, then put in the fridge for at least 2 hours. The custard will set and be able to slice easier..
- Serve cold with cream or ice cream or whipped cream ..
To serve, lift the slice from the tin and cut all the way through where the pastry top is already cut. Dust the slices with a little more icing sugar and serve. Custard slices…show me a kid who does not like them! I certainly cannot resist them, I find myself standing at the bakery section in the supermarket, totally mesmerized by the rows and rows of confectionery, but mostly the custard slices. Explore • Food And Drink • Dessert • Cake • Vanilla Cake.