Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Delicious Family Meals That Will Not Break Your Budget at Real Food.
Here you have a super easy and delicious recipe to make an amazing Mixed Paella, with pork, chicken, sausage and shrimp! This is a family recipe, so I hope. Read our recipe for Paella Mixta, classic Spanish dish. You can cook Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella
- It’s 5 of to 6 Chicken wings (the drumettes or the first section).
- Prepare 1 of Squid.
- It’s 8 of Shrimp.
- It’s 8 of to 10 Asari or Manila clams (de-sanded).
- Prepare 2 of Green, red, or yellow peppers for decorative purposes.
- You need 1 of Cherry tomatoes for decorative purposes.
- It’s 300 ml of White uncooked rice.
- It’s 2 of Soup stock cubes.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 grams of Saffron.
- It’s 1/2 of ※Onion.
- It’s 1 each of ※ Green bell pepper and tomato.
- It’s 1 clove of ※Garlic.
Mixed Paella – Photo from panningtheglobe.com. While Valencia, the homeland of paella, rarely produces a paella that mixes seafood with meat. Transfer the rice into a paella pan. Mix in the lobster claws, chicken, chorizo sausages, mussels, clams, shrimp, peas, and capers, combining well.
Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella instructions
- Prep the ingredients: Finely chop all the ※ ingredients. Sprinkle a little salt on the chicken. Devein the shrimp; leave the shells on but remove the legs. Remove the guts from the squid and cut into 1 cm strips. Wash the clams by scrubbing the shells together. Pre-heat the oven to 280°C..
- Dry roast the saffron. Put a piece of aluminium foil in a paella pan, and toast the saffron threads until are fragrant and crispy. In another pan, dissolve the soup stock cubes in 3 cups (600 ml) of water, and add the saffron while crumbling with your fingers..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the paella pan, and brown the chicken wings. Don't wipe the fat that renders from the meat..
- Sauté the sofrito (the paella base). Sauté the ※ ingredients over medium heat, and simmer until there's no moisture over medium heat. Add rice without rinsing it, and sauté until translucent..
- Add back the chicken wings, and pour in the warmed soup. Add a little salt..
- Simmer like this over medium heat for 5 minutes, shaking the pan around occasionally so that it cooks evenly..
- Arrange the shrimp, squid, and clams on top evenly, and simmer for another 5 minutes. Put the clams in facing down so that their flavor is absorbed by the rice..
- Cover with a lid, turn the heat down very low, and steam-cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave with the lid on to steam for another 5 minutes or so..
- Arrange the bell peppers and cherry tomatoes nicely on top, and then drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil..
- Bake the paella in a preheated 280°C oven for about 10 minutes until the top is crispy and brown, and it's done! Serve with lemon, and squeeze on the paella when you eat..
- This is one I made on another day. I omitted the squid and colorful peppers this time. You don't need all the ingredients – just use what you have..
Here you can find a recipe for paella mixta so you can delight your family, friends and yourself by combining the best of the fields, sea, and meat. For this authentic mixed paella recipe, you can add normal round rice (paella rice) or bomba rice. Season the chicken thighs with salt and freshly ground black pepper and fry for five minutes. Serve up a fragrant paella to feed a crowd. This classic Spanish rice dish usually contains seafood, but we also have meat, veggie and mixed versions.