Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs. Ruime keuze in diverse soorten Short ribs. Losse stukken vlees of hele pakketten. We leveren hoge kwaliteit vers vlees tegen een scherpe prijs.
Carefully pour in the wine, bring to a boil and cook. Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. You can have Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs
- Prepare 5 lbs of bone in Beef Short Ribs, 2-inch pieces.
- You need 3 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 bottle (750 ml) of Dry Red Wine (preferably Cabernet Sauvignon).
- You need 4 cups of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Beef Bouillon Powder.
- You need 1 of Garlic (whole head), halved crosswise.
- You need 3 of medium Onions, chopped.
- It’s 3 of medium Carrots, peeled, chopped.
- It’s 3 of Celery Stalks, chopped.
- You need 2 of fresh or dried Bay Leaves.
- You need 10 sprigs of Parsley.
- It’s 8 sprigs of Thyme.
- You need 4 sprigs of Oregano.
- You need 2 sprigs of Rosemary.
- You need of Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
Season short ribs on all sides with salt and pepper. Transfer browned short ribs to a. Braising short ribs in red wine gives them deep, dark color and flavor, and fall-off-the-bone tenderness. Season short ribs all over with salt and pepper.
Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs instructions
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper on all sides..
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat..
- Working in batches, brown short ribs on all sides, about 8 mins per batch..
- Transfer short ribs onto a plate. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of drippings from pot..
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to pot and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until onions are browned, about 5 minutes..
- Add flour and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, until well combined and deep red, about 2-3 minutes..
- Stir in wine, then add short ribs with any accumulated juices. Bring to a boil; lower heat to medium and simmer until wine is reduced by half, about 25 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add all herbs to pot along with the garlic. Stir in stock. Bring to a boil, cover, and transfer to the oven..
- Cook until short ribs are tender, about 2-2 1/2 hours. Transfer short ribs to a platter. Strain sauce from pot into a measuring cup. Spoon fat from surface of sauce and discard..
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in shallow bowls over mashed potatoes or rice; whichever your preference, with sauce spooned over them..
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering. Transfer browned short ribs to a platter and repeat with remaining short ribs. Pour in red wine and bring to a simmer. Add thyme, garlic and chicken broth to the pot and bring to a simmer. Once done, season to taste with salt and pepper.