Loaded Broccoli & Cheese Soup. Add the broccoli to a steamer basket set over boiling water and cover. Divide the broccoli between four plates and top with the cheddar, sour cream, bacon, and chives. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Loaded broccoli is such an amazing dish full of flavor and a prefect side dish to any meal! Even people who don't like broccoli love this dish! If you tried my recipe for Loaded Cauliflower than you will love this loaded broccoli as well! You can cook Loaded Broccoli & Cheese Soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loaded Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- You need 2-14.5 oz. of cans of chicken broth.
- It’s 2-8 of – oz. of mild cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 8 of – Small to medium potatoes (Idaho Reds are nice).
- You need 1 Bag of small carrots.
- Prepare 2 of – Tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 3 of – Small heads of broccoli.
- It’s 5 of – Tbs. of butter.
- You need 1/3 of – Cups of flower.
- It’s 4 of – Cups of milk.
- It’s 1 of – Tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 of – Tsp. of garlic pepper.
It's an amazing side dish your kids will love! I have seen people that don't even like broccoli eat. How To Make Loaded Broccoli Salad To start, mix together the salad dressing ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Cover the dressing and refrigerate until you are ready to add it to the salad.
Loaded Broccoli & Cheese Soup step by step
- In a large pot combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes and onion powder..
- Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan, whisk in flour and cook until golden brown.
- Whisk in milk and cook until sauce thickens (about 15 minutes).
- Add cheese and stir until it's all melted, add salt and garlic pepper.
- Pour cheese sauce into large pot of chicken broth and broccoli stir until combined.
- Add more milk to get a more thinner consistency and additional salt and garlic pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, onions, and bacon. Combine broccoli, red onion, grapes and celery in large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar and apple cider vinegar. Drain bacon slices on paper towel. Add water, broccoli, green onions, cream cheese, butter, salt, and pepper.