Beef Short Rib with Corn Whipped Potatoes. In a large saute' pan over medium high heat, season short ribs with salt & pepper and sear with veg oil, fat side down. Remove the short ribs from the pan and set aside. Best Corned Beef I will ever make.
Patrick's Day celebrates the heritage of Ireland with shamrocks, green beer, and traditional Irish foods like corned beef and cabbage, soda bread, and Irish stew. Remove the short ribs from the roasting pan and keep warm. Strain the pan juices into a clean saucepan and keep the vegetables warm. You can have Beef Short Rib with Corn Whipped Potatoes using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Short Rib with Corn Whipped Potatoes
- It’s 2 lbs of beef short ribs cut 2-inches x 2-inches.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of celery.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of carrot.
- It’s 1/4 cup of onion.
- You need 1 sprig of thyme.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sage.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 of each ancho chili (seeds and stems removed).
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin, ground.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander, ground.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 cup of smoked onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tomato.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 tsp of jalapeno pepper.
- You need 4 cups of Dr Pepper.
- It’s 2 quarts of chicken stock.
- Prepare of Corn Whipped Potatoes.
- You need 6-8 of large Idaho Russet potatoes peeled.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese (I like velveeta original).
- It’s to taste of Salt & Peper.
Add the garlic to the strained sauce and simmer until thickened slightly (or thicken with a cornstarch slurry). Arrange the short ribs, vegetables and mashed potatoes on serving plates. While the short ribs are amazing, the sauce is equally awesome. I like to serve the short ribs on a big scoop of Garlic Mashed Potatoes and ladle some of the braised vegetables and sauce over the mash.
Beef Short Rib with Corn Whipped Potatoes instructions
- In a large saute' pan over medium high heat, season short ribs with salt & pepper and sear with veg oil, fat side down..
- After 3 minutes, turn the show ribs over and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove the short ribs from the pan and set aside..
- Add the diced celery, carrot and onion to the pan and cook until golden brown, around 5 minutes..
- Add the spices, smoked onion, jalapeño, and tomato and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes..
- Add red wine and reduce the liquid by half. Then add Dr Pepper and reduce by half. Add chicken stock and the short ribs back to pan. Cover pan and place in oven 300 for 4 to 5 hrs until tender..
- Remove the short ribs from the oven and set aside. Strain the remaining liquid from the pan through a fine mesh strainer and into a medium size sauce pot. Place the sauce pot over medium high heat and reduce liquid by half. Season to taste..
- Corn Whipped Potatoes : Bring potatoes to boil, then bring them down to summer and cook 25-30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place in large bowl and with electric mixer, mix till smooth. Add in cream a little at a time so you do not make them to thin, add in butter and corn (pour off water), stirring well after the addition of each ingredient. Add salt and pepper to taste..
Be prepared for people going back to the dutch oven to get 'a little bit more' of the sauce! Lidia Bastianich prepares braised short ribs, olive oil mashed potatoes and homemade pasta with tomato sauce. And don't forget the red wine. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add ribs to pot and brown well, turning.