Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Soup. Add Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese To Chicken & Yellow Rice For A Tasty One-Pot Meal. We're going where no other leading meal kit company has. In a Dutch oven, combine milk, broth and dressing mix; bring to a boil.
Mix in the chicken and onion. Add the celery, onions, garlic, cream cheese, Mexican cheese and rice. Add more broth to desired thickness. You can have Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Soup
- You need 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbs of coconut oil.
- It’s 3 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of 2% or whole milk.
- It’s 2 cups of Kraft triple cheddar shredded cheese.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- You need 1 (8 oz) of tub garlic and herb cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of instant rice – uncooked.
- You need 2 cups of cooked chicken – diced.
- Prepare 3 cups of broccoli florets – cooked and chopped.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Season the soup base with nutmeg, cumin and caraway if using. Mix in flour, stirring constantly until a thick paste forms. Remove from pot, and set aside. Whole Grains Soup Broccoli and chicken go together like peanut butter and jelly.
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Soup instructions
- To prepare broccoli florets place in large bowl with 2 tbs chicken broth (additional to broth listed). Cover and microwave until very tender. About 7-8 minutes. Let stand covered at least 2 minutes. Spread out on cutting board and give the broccoli a rough chop..
- While broccoli cooks start broth. In a medium sauce pan melt butter and coconut oil over medium heat. Stir in flour with wisk to eliminate clumps. Cook 2 minutes, wisking constantly. Wisk in broth and milk. Bring to a simmer wisking frequently to prevent clumping..
- Wisk in cream cheese until fully melted into broth. Turn heat down to low and wisk in shredded cheese until melted. Wisk in cayenne and uncooked rice. Add broccoli and chicken and gently stir to combine. Turn heat back up to medium low, cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is cooked. Dish up and enjoy!.
Fresh veggies, savory chunks of seared chicken, nutty flavored brown rice, and a little cream make this soup the ultimate recipe for enjoying your favorite vegetable and chicken combo. For this soup, you'll also enjoy buttery sliced mushrooms and chopped onions. Add the broth, milk and cream. This cheesy broccoli soup is packed with super delicious shredded chicken for a hearty, filling soup you won't be able to get enough of. It's a take off my popular Creamy White Chicken Chili with broccoli -and it's absolutely packed with flavor.