Pomegranate Braised Short Ribs. Find your favourite Socks, Tights and Leggings now! Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Transfer to a plate, pour off oil, and wipe loose bits out of pot. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk together the pomegranate juice and pomegranate molasses. You can cook Pomegranate Braised Short Ribs using 24 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pomegranate Braised Short Ribs
- You need 4-5 lbs of short ribs, English cut.
- You need 2 Tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of carrot, diced.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of ras el hanout.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 cups of pomegranate juice.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 of Bou beef bouillon cube.
- You need 1 cup of pitted prunes, halved.
- Prepare 1 handful of cilantro, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 Tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare of ras el hanout.
- Prepare 12 of green cardamom pods.
- It’s 4 of black cardamom pods.
- It’s 4 tsp of cumin seed.
- It’s 4 tsp of coriander seed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of anise.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of allspice berries.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black peppercorns.
- It’s 4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Aleppo pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
These Pomegranate Braised Short Ribs are tender, insanely flavorful, fall of the bone perfection because they have baked away in glorious liquids and spices galore. Add the short ribs back to the pan and pour in juice and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Add the wine and cook for a few minutes. Add beef stock, herbs, vinegar, and bring to a simmer.
Pomegranate Braised Short Ribs instructions
- Heat the oven to 450°F. If you have a convection oven use it..
- In a large roaster or sheet pan, lay out the short ribs, bone side down. Season liberally with salt..
- Roast in the oven 40-45 min until browned and the fat has rendered. Remove the ribs from the pan, pour the fat off into a glass bowl, and return the ribs to the pan and roast another 10-15 min..
- While the ribs are roasting prepare the other ingredients..
- When the ribs are about 5 minutes from done, heat 1 Tbsp of the beef fat in a dutch oven over high heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook until translucent (~5 min).
- Add the garlic and ras el hanout and cook another 30 sec..
- Add the water and beef bouillon and turn the heat to low..
- Remove the ribs from the pan and add them to the dutch oven. Add the prunes on top. Turn the oven down to 300°F..
- In the still hot pan, add the pomegranate juice..
- Scrape the fond up with a whisk or wooden spoon..
- Add the pomegranate to the ribs..
- Cover and place in the oven for 2-2.5 hours..
- Remove the dutch oven from oven..
- Place the ribs in a bowl..
- Add the braising liquid, veggies, and any meat scraps to a blender and blend until smooth..
- Return the sauce to the dutch oven, and add the ribs to coat. Toss with cilantro and sesame seeds..
In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine the pomegranate molasses, soy sauce, sugar, honey and garlic. Add the short ribs, toss to coat and place in the fridge overnight. In a saucepan, combine half the barbeque sauce with half the pomegranate juice and add the agave, to taste. In the still hot pan, add the pomegranate juice. Scrape the fond up with a whisk or wooden spoon.