Easy, Sweet and Yummy! How to Boil Corn on the Cob. Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Sweet And Easy On eBay.
Great recipe for Easy, Sweet and Yummy! How to Boil Corn on the Cob. I learned this from someone at work. You can cook Easy, Sweet and Yummy! How to Boil Corn on the Cob using 1 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy, Sweet and Yummy! How to Boil Corn on the Cob
- You need 1 of Corn on the cob with the husk on.
Stir in sugar and lemon juice, dissolving the sugar. Delicious and Easy Corn on the Cob. I don't add sugar (if the corn is fresh, it's really not needed). I usually bring water to boil, add the corn, return to just boiling and then turn off the heat and put a lid on the pot.
Easy, Sweet and Yummy! How to Boil Corn on the Cob step by step
- Use a corn on the cob with its husk on..
- Peel the husks, leaving the last 5 or 6 layers..
- Peek inside. If you leave about this many it's OK. Wrap the husks back over the corn before putting it in the microwave..
- Microwave the corn just like that for 3 minutes at 600w. Turn it over (don't burn yourself! ) and microwave for another 3 minutes. Done..
- It's very hot , but carefully peel the husk off…the silk will come off cleanly too..
- It's peeled cleanly. It's so pretty. You can cut off the husk with kitchen scissors..
- If cooking 2 corn cobs at the same time, it works well if you microwave on one side for 4 minutes, turn over and microwave for another 3 minutes and 30 seconds..
- The microwave cooking time varies depending on how big the corn cobs are and your microwave, so please adjust..
- If you leave cooked corn on the cob as is, it becomes all wrinkly…so if you're storing it for later, wrap it up in plastic wrap as soon as possible..
- Be careful when you open the microwave oven door since it's very steamy in there. Be careful not to burn yourself! Be careful when turning the corn or taking them out..
- If you do wash it (see step 11)…some really hot water may drip out from the corn so be careful..
You can use this method on frozen corn on the cob as well. Using tongs, drop your corn into the boiling water. Set a timer because if you let your corn overcook the kernels can become tough. Corn on the Cob is so delicious and easy to cook! Learn how to boil corn on the cob on your stove top for the perfect corn!