WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs. Ruime keuze in diverse soorten Short ribs. Losse stukken vlees of hele pakketten. We leveren hoge kwaliteit vers vlees tegen een scherpe prijs.
Here is how you achieve it. Heat a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over high heat and add the oil. Add the short ribs in batches and brown on all sides,. You can have WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs
- Prepare 3 lb of bone-in beef short ribs (have the butcher cut them crosswise into 2" pieces).
- You need of Salt and freshly ground pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- You need 2 of carrots, cut to sticks.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, cut to sticks.
- Prepare 1 of small bag new potatoes.
- You need 1 of small can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 4 c of dry red wine.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of garlic head, halved cross-wise (unpeeled).
- You need 4 c of beef stock.
Tremendous depth of flavor is achieved by searing and caramelizing the exterior of the ribs. Take your time during this step. Allow each side of the short ribs to sear to a deep golden brown. Season short ribs all over with salt and pepper.
WendyG's take on Wine-Braised Beef Short Ribs step by step
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. Brown them in skillet then place in crock pot..
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery to the crock pot..
- Add all the herbs and garlic along with wine tomato sauce and stock to crock pot..
- Set crock pot to high for 6 and 1/2 hours..
- Serve on platter with veggies. Alternatively you can shred the meat and serve over egg noodles or papparadelle.
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering. Transfer browned short ribs to a platter and repeat with remaining short ribs. Season short ribs on all sides with salt and pepper. Transfer browned short ribs to a. Season short ribs with salt and pepper.