Lambe Family's Banana Bread. Lambe Family's Banana Bread Zuleika Lambe Edinburgh, United Kingdom. This is my mothers recipe and the only one I've ever used. I wasn't sure how much quick bread batter the lamb pan would hold, so I had them double the recipe.
Add in eggs, bananas, milk, and vanilla. Add in flour, soda, and salt. This quick & easy banana bread recipe tastes delicious and is just like grandma's old fashioned classic banana bread. You can have Lambe Family's Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lambe Family's Banana Bread
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter or vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of mashed bananas (overripe bananas are best).
- You need 1 of chopped nuts to taste (I NEVER add them).
What began as a banana bread recipe from an old church cookbook has become a cherished tradition in David Watson's family. In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, using a hand held mixer, combine eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla and banana. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly on low speed.
Lambe Family's Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a large loaf pan, or two small ones..
- I just plop the wet ingredients into a large bowl, mix it and then whisk the dry ingredients into it..
- Do not overmix, a few lumps are fine. If the batter is too smooth, it really doesn't come out right when baked. I've done that before!.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or when browned. Use the toothpick method to check doneness..
- Enjoy while warm or room temperature. If you have kids like I do, hide your piece quickly! lol.
Great recipe for Lambe Family's Gingerbread. This has been my mothers gingerbread recipe all my life and I don't need any other! I always add way more ginger than it calls for. Lambe Family's Banana Bread. by Zuleika Lambe; Good Ol' Gingersnaps. I firmly believe that banana bread is something you should be able to make anytime and anywhere, with a mixer or with a fork, in a loaf pan or in a muffin tin — whenever you have a few bananas going soft and freckly.