Our Family Recipe For Baked Sweet Potato Cream. Cakes and brownies delivered straight through your letterbox. Providing a delightful bakery experience using organic ingredients where possible. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
The baking time for the sweet potatoes may vary depending on the oven. If they are still too hard, lengthen the baking time. Perfect for A Quick & Delicious Meal. You can have Our Family Recipe For Baked Sweet Potato Cream using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Our Family Recipe For Baked Sweet Potato Cream
- Prepare 400 grams of Japanese sweet potato (Naruto Kintoki variety).
- You need 50 grams of Butter or margarine.
- Prepare 50 grams of Heavy cream (or milk).
- You need 60 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Brandy.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 1 of Vanilla essence.
The sweet potato recipe looks delicious! Drizzle sweet potatoes with vegetable oil and sprinkle on salt. Massage the oil and salt all over the sweet potato skin. Make a baked sweet potato for a simple, filling supper the whole family will enjoy.
Our Family Recipe For Baked Sweet Potato Cream step by step
- Wash and dry the sweet potato. Wrap up in aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 250 ℃ for 1 hour (if you steam or boil the potatoes the flavor will be different from when you bake them.).
- Peel off the skins and remove any hard parts. The net weight after peeling was 370 g. You can either puree it in a food processor, or pass it through a sieve at this point if you like..
- Mash the potatoes and put in a pot. Add the butter, heavy cream, granulated sugar, lemon juice, and brandy and heat over medium heat. If it's still a bit too stiff, add milk..
- Use a wooden spatula to knead and mix. Once it's stiff enough to be squeezed out of a pastry bag, remove from the heat and add the egg yolk (also add vanilla essence if you like)..
- Pass the mixture through a sieve. If you do it at the beginning it'll be stiff and may take a lot of time. If you do it at this stage it takes a lot less time..
- Put the cream in a pastry bag fitted with a star-shaped tip, and pipe it out into small baking cups or cocottes in a circular motion..
- Bake in the oven at 200 ℃ until browned on top, and they're done. I made these in small paper cups..
Rub the sweet potato all over with half a teaspoon of the olive oil and some salt. Let potatoes cool slightly and then peel. In a mixing bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Baked sweet potato recipes; This competition is now closed. Wash the sweet potatoes, prick them with a sharp knife, then sprinkle with a little sea salt.