Potatoes in Tomato Sauce. Add garlic, potatoes, tomato sauce and enough water to cover the potatoes. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Serve Potatoes in Tomato Sauce immediately.
Potatoes in Tomato Sauce are made all over Mediterranean area, from Spain to Italy and Greece. When all the liquid cooks up, you are left with soft potatoes in thick and aromatic tomato sauce. Add tomato sauce and vegetable broth, some salt, and pepper. You can cook Potatoes in Tomato Sauce using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potatoes in Tomato Sauce
- It’s 2 of Potatoes (medium).
- You need 1 tbsp of Parmesan cheese (or any kind of cheese).
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of plus Tomato sauce (this time, I used my own recipe.
Mix well, turn the heat to low, and cover the pot leaving a small crack open. Mediterranean potatoes in tomato sauce is a classic dish and an ideal accompaniment to almost any meat or seafood entree. Nutrient-dense potatoes smothered in a rich tomato sauce full of earthy flavours like capers, oregano, and paprika, makes for a healthy and cheap vegan dish, one that the entire family can enjoy. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
Potatoes in Tomato Sauce step by step
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces, soak in water, then drain..
- Add the olive oil and parmesan cheese to the drained potatoes..
- On a sheet of parchment paper (I use it to make this dish even easier to make), spread out the potatoes from Step 2 and top with the tomato sauce..
- Wrap it up and microwave for 5 minutes to finish!.
- For reference, I used this tomato sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146747-my-simple-tomato-sauce.
Remove foil and bake for another hour uncovered. They will be ready when the tomato sauce is nice and thick (not watery) and the potatoes will be fully cooked. Our favorite side dish for the white fish fillet in tomato sauce is mashed potatoes. Alternatively, you can serve rice or pasta or just some slices of crusty sourdough bread or French baguette. Add the sliced onions and crushed tomatoes and mix them together.